Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion interested in Cardiff Striker Joe Mason

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Mackay knew the sort of players you need to get out of this league, we could do worse than signing a few of them.

Cardiff didn't score that many goals last year though, they just didn't concede.
I would think if we were looking to pinch some of their 'squad players', defenders might be the way to go.

Stumpy Tim

He's a link player more than an out & out striker. Given Oscar prefers his "wide players" to be closer to the main striker, I can see Mason becoming an important player if he was to sign. This is also why Buckley isn't playing well for us - because he's told to get close to Ulloa/Barnes, and not wide where he's much more effective.

Personally I think Mason may be more important a signing than Conway would be, who I rate quite highly too

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone else actually enjoying this transfer window ?

Suggests to me OG wants to freshen things up a bit and wants to bring in players more suited to his style of football.

Bring it on.

Well it was always likely to happen wasn't it? Oscar is clearly his own man, and with his own ideas. The likes of the three B's Bridcutt, Buckley and Barnes were all players brought to the club by Gus, and still admired by Gus. Oscar perfectly understandably wants to put his mark on the squad by bringing in his own players.

It's time to move on folks.

Jimmy Grimble

Seen him a few times, he's a bit nippier than Barnes or Ulloa but not as strong on the ball. Either plays on the shoulder as an out and out poacher or dropping off into the hole to find space with clever movement rather than dropping deep to win flick-ons or hold the ball up like AB/LU.

Sounds like what Dobbie was meant to be for us!

In seriousness if he is effective in the creative hole behind the striker he would be a good acquisition, especially if he can do it centrally. Orlandi can do it (when fit) but he tends to do it from slightly wider positions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cardiff didn't score that many goals last year though, they just didn't concede.
I would think if we were looking to pinch some of their 'squad players', defenders might be the way to go.

Mark Hudson for example. Knows the division inside out, good player and completely frozen out at Cardiff.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know how it works.

The bloke who is brought in for his football knowledge gets given a list of players chosen by someone else.

Correct, how scouting worked at majority of clubs.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yup. Because Oscar can only see Spanish people and has never heard of any English payers before or know about them. FACT.

You think Oscar Garcia, whilst managing MACCABI, knew of the talents of

Leroy Lita
Craig Conway
Keith Andrews
Joe Mason

:lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You think Oscar Garcia, whilst managing MACCABI, knew of the talents of

Leroy Lita
Craig Conway
Keith Andrews
Joe Mason

:lolol:

But of course his Israeli football league knowledge is top notch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oscar is head COACH. He coaches the players. He also gets the final YES/NO decision on any players recruited

Glad I'm not going mad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oscar is head COACH. He coaches the players. He also gets the final YES/NO decision on any players recruited

That might be, but when the list of offerings is of pony players it leaves him with little option. If Obika and Mason are the top players on the list I'd love to know who wasn't up to scratch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here