Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion interested in Cardiff Striker Joe Mason

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m
Mason not set in stone but he is definitely one #bhafc are showing interest in.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If true that we're interested then maybe Noone can put in a good word about us? Get Conway to drive him here.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Told them before if it's a striker they want then I'll do it for nothing. I think my emails must be going into the Albions spam box.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Cardiff Website. Although that is 15 in 35 since he joined in 2011 so that is over 2 years not the 1.

Overall though his stats are not prolific. 1 goal in 5 games is his ratio currently from his time with Plymouth, Cardiff and the loan spell at Bolton this year.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
??? His overall goal ratio is pretty terrible to be honest.

I thought exactly the same when we were linked with him a few days ago after looking on Wikipedia at his stats. I was surprised when people on this thread were saying he would be a quality signing. I'm not challenging anybody, just interested. What is this opinion based on?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Comes with a good reputation, but whether he would be as effective for us as Barnes has, only time can tell.

If it materialises, then i'd be happy.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Reading on Bolton's fans Forum people seem to suggest he struggles to play in a 1 man attack and needs support from another. Again 1 goal in 5 games there as well. Seems like he is a hard worker and put's in a shift. Sounds like the sort of player some will love others will hate.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought exactly the same when we were linked with him a few days ago after looking on Wikipedia at his stats I was surprised when people on this thread were saying he would be a quality signing. I'm not challenging anybody, just interested. What is this opinion based on?

It's people's instinct isn't it, anyone the club signs is a world beater and a fantastic signing, anyone we sell is crap or over rated

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Reading on Bolton's fans Forum people seem to suggest he struggles to play in a 1 man attack and needs support from another. Again 1 goal in 5 games there as well. Seems like he is a hard worker and put's in a shift. Sounds like the sort of player some will love others will hate.
Perfect replacement for Barnes then.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He has a yeard of pace I recall. Not lightning and like Conway puts a proper shift in too.

Ideal replacement for Barnes in my opinion.

Mackay knew the sort of players you need to get out of this league, we could do worse than signing a few of them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds like a good replacement for Barnes even maybe a slight upgrade, I'd be relatively happy with Bridcutt and Barnes out and Conway, Mason and an attacking central midfielder in.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Is he fast? We're lacking that.

Seen him a few times, he's a bit nippier than Barnes or Ulloa but not as strong on the ball. Either plays on the shoulder as an out and out poacher or dropping off into the hole to find space with clever movement rather than dropping deep to win flick-ons or hold the ball up like AB/LU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here