Albion Games where you wanted the players to refund you

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
for miles involved and money spent to watch a hapless gutless i dont give a f*** display it would have to be blackpool on a tuesday night , for sheer oh ffs swindon at home last season seems to tug at the im never going again memory

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
every season at Gillingham.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Agreed about the heavy defeats at Palace and Brentford (twice) - also once at Barnet. These are the only occasions when I've left a ground very early (or, in the case of Palace, tried to leave and was stopped from doing so by the OB).

But the one that takes the biscuit was in the late 80s, a boxing day match at Port Vale (or was it Notts County - midlands teams in b&w get me confused). Albion were rubbish and I just accepted that it happens. Decades later, Garry Nelson's autobiography revealed that the players were rat-arsed the night before and, frankly, didn't give a sh*t.

I was gutted, and I want my money back now, delivered by all the players from way back then.

That's the one I was going to mention. It was Notts County and it was NY Day as the players had been pissing it up for new year. My missus and I drove up from London despite stonking hangovers. We were abject and later found out the truth. Nelson et al, cough up!
PG

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Losing 1-5 to Millwall in the Auto Windscreen Shield at Priestfield. Even if it was just the A.W.S - it was a total inept performance! What a waste of money, including the train fare.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Wigan players are refunding fans who went to see their 9-1 defeat at Spurs. Which Albion games have you been to where you felt the players owed you a refund........

The 1-5 home defeat by Stoke at the end of the 2005/6 season would be top of my list. A result that Mark McGhee dismissed as a 'total irrelevance' :tantrum:

Most of the home games over the last 2 seasons - dismal:(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The 1-5 home defeat by Stoke at the end of the 2005/6 season would be top of my list. A result that Mark McGhee dismissed as a 'total irrelevance' :tantrum:

Yup, that's the one that should have had McGhee tarred and feathered and run out of town. We were all just taking the piss out of the players by the end. Rooney! Rooney!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Norwich ... and before anyone says posted at 11.09 how did that happen, it's easy I'm at home and didn't see the game and am merely "havin' a laugh"! That said if I'd travelled all the way to Norwich I'd be a tad pissed off!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
MK Dons away last year was pretty dire, along with Walsall at home.

The support and singing by our fans at MK Dons last year made it worth going, IMO, despite the 2-0 defeat.

Leyton away last season for me. Our loan keeper was a furkin muppet who was trained by Stevie Wonder. We gifted them an un-necessary penalty which McGleish (is a wanker, is a wanker) then put away. Made me mad it did. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports