Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Games where you wanted the players to refund you

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Wigan players are refunding fans who went to see their 9-1 defeat at Spurs. Which Albion games have you been to where you felt the players owed you a refund........

The 1-5 home defeat by Stoke at the end of the 2005/6 season would be top of my list. A result that Mark McGhee dismissed as a 'total irrelevance' :tantrum:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A thrashing at Reading a few years ago - 5-1? Do remember CKR scoring a cracker so I guess it wasn't so bad.

Quite a few games under Jeff Wood.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When we lost 5-0 at Palace.

I was at the Huddersfield game where we lost 7-1, but that was just farcial it was FUNNY, so I didnt want a refund.

I was going to say when we lost 5-1 at home to Stoke, but LOFT scored a scorchio goal, so it was worth the admission fee

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Walsall away in the Auto Windscreens. My fault for going i suppose!

5 nil at Palace.

A game under Jeff Wood at Mansfield before they did it up and you could only see about 25% of the pitch. The 25% that you could see was so bad that by the end nobody was paying any attention and standing around chatting.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Both Walsall games last year have to be contenders.

In fact, travel costs for the game aginst Walsall that was cancelled at rediculously short notice (not by the players, but Walsall FC instead). A lot of fans were in Birmingham before it was announced that the game was cancelled and, like me, they decided to instead spend their afternoon at Wolves. v. Preston. I only found out as I was preparing to leave the house, and I live 20 minutes away in Wolverhampton!

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
When we lost 5-0 at Palace.

I was at the Huddersfield game where we lost 7-1, but that was just farcial it was FUNNY, so I didnt want a refund.

I was going to say when we lost 5-1 at home to Stoke, but LOFT scored a scorchio goal, so it was worth the admission fee

Not funny when you're staying with a Hudds supporting mate :(

I'd agree with the Palarse game.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
3-0 away to Hull City at Boothferry Park in Mickey Adam's first season in-charge. It was the game where Alan Cork dubbed Dave Cameron "useless" and ironically kick-started the revival of the club.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Luton away under McGhee, we lost loads of us went there and McGhee turned round and said it didn't matter.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
An away trip at Crewe in the late 80s we lost 4-0 but we were 3-0 down after about 15mins and i recall several Albion fans banging on the gates for the stewards or whoever to let us out and go to the pub.......They wouldent let us go !! and it was so dull and crap.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Luton away under McGhee, we lost loads of us went there and McGhee turned round and said it didn't matter.

How did I forget that, that comment by McGhee was the first time I have ever turned on a manager, I got his back after that (maybe unjustifiably, but that riled me).

Apparently after that game, Mark McGhees favourite quote was "What's the Sheffield Wednesday score?"

Carlisle away last year got me ANGRY, and made me not want to go to an away game again. ABJECT performance

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Damn it, I've not been to that many games in my life, and yet was at several of the ones listed above. NOT FAIR.

I completely concur with 0-5 Palace, the excruciating 'useless Cameron' game at Hull, 1-5 at Reading and the miserable miserable miserable Walsall away last year.

I'll also add losing away at Macclesfield the first time we ever played them, when we were 'the biggest club' they'd yet played in a league game.

What else? 0-0 v Bristol City on a cold new year's day at the Goldstone in early 90's, losing to some non-league club in the FA Cup on pens at the Goldstone (who the hell was that?). Mansfield away under Wood, Halifax away in one of Micky's first games. Both dour and dull.

Hell I must be due several grand in refunds.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
How did I forget that, that comment by McGhee was the first time I have ever turned on a manager, I got his back after that (maybe unjustifiably, but that riled me).

Apparently after that game, Mark McGhees favourite quote was "What's the Sheffield Wednesday score?"

Carlisle away last year got me ANGRY, and made me not want to go to an away game again. ABJECT performance

it was bloody freezing that night as well, impossible to get a beer anywhere as all the pubs were away fans.

The other that stands out was Stoke away again under McGhee we lost two nil to 2 first half penalties and barely mustered a shot on target. However to be fair Sheffield United away under McGhee was qualla.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here