Albion Games where you wanted the players to refund you

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
A thrashing at Reading a few years ago - 5-1? Do remember CKR scoring a cracker so I guess it wasn't so bad.

Quite a few games under Jeff Wood.

that goal was f***ing immense, unfortunatly it was in the 92nd minute when we were already 5-0 down !! :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Luton away under McGhee, we lost loads of us went there and McGhee turned round and said it didn't matter.

was that an evening game just after christmas? we lost 3-0 if i remeber correctly? if it is that one, then yes that was f***ing dire.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Losing 4-0 to Darlo at Gillingham when Gabbiadini (sp?) scored a hat-trick. They were not a great side but we were simply shocking.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If I was to have been offered a refund for all the games that I think I deserved one for I could have retired to somewhere exotic by now.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
In nearly 50 years, dozens could fall into that category!

However, no-one forced me to watch so no refund required. The few great occasions make the many rubbish ones worth it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Walsall 1-0 was SO terrible. It was utterly RIDICULOUS, that we couldn't even HOLD OUT FOR THE DRAW against NINE men.

That one, definitely.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
when we lost 5-something at Plymouth. Thoroughly unprofessional display.

Luton away could not really be blamed on the players. McGhee correctly gets all the completely justified criticism for that. I can still feel my emotion when I saw the team run out (I hadn't heard the team).

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I mentioned it before in a previous thread but losing at Kingstonian in the FA Cup was money down the drain.....

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Agreed about the heavy defeats at Palace and Brentford (twice) - also once at Barnet. These are the only occasions when I've left a ground very early (or, in the case of Palace, tried to leave and was stopped from doing so by the OB).

But the one that takes the biscuit was in the late 80s, a boxing day match at Port Vale (or was it Notts County - midlands teams in b&w get me confused). Albion were rubbish and I just accepted that it happens. Decades later, Garry Nelson's autobiography revealed that the players were rat-arsed the night before and, frankly, didn't give a sh*t.

I was gutted, and I want my money back now, delivered by all the players from way back then.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
A thrashing at Reading a few years ago - 5-1? Do remember CKR scoring a cracker so I guess it wasn't so bad.

Quite a few games under Jeff Wood.

The Reading game was not that bad a performance. 1-0 down at half-time due to an unfortunate Oatway own goal, we were reduced to 10 men early in the second half when Gary Elphick was sent off. They scored from the free kick and then again quickly from a dubious penalty (Kitson admitted he dived). After that it was game over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports