Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion close in on striker

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I reckon in the 10 years since this thread started we have signed just four decent strikers.

Murray
Zamora
Barnes
Ulloa

Any more?

We've had a few here on loan:

Bent, Owusu and Wood spring to mind.

Probably had three times as many strikers who have been toilet in the same period however

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7239287 said:

I remember Colin Kazim Richards being quite impressive for Turkey in Euro 2008 and thinking it was a shame we let him go. He attracted quite a bit of attention because of that tournament and looked like he was going to be signed by a top flight English club but nothing materialised

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree with Leon Knight on his day and Nicky Forster

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
someone like matt derbyshire at blackburn. dont know how good he is, but he did go on loan to plymouth wondering if he liked being on the south coast. then again that report does say league 1 experiance not championship.

Get. Him. In.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leon Knight was signed in 2003 so over 10 years ago. He actually left in January 2006 shortly after being thrown off the team bus by Mark McGhee

Wasn't it McCammon who was thrown off the bus at Burnley (?) not Knight?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Wasn't it McCammon who was thrown off the bus at Burnley (?) not Knight?

I didn't realise until now that McGhee had such a thing about throwing players off buses, but we're both right. Leon Knight on the way to Southampton, McCammon on the way back from Burnley. Any others we should know about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here