Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion close in on striker

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
It's looking increasingly likely to be a case of as you were for Mark McGhee and Albion as they prepare to tackle Burnley at Withdean tomorrow evening (kick-off 7.45pm) - although the Albion boss does hope for some transfer activity in the next 36 hours.

McGhee remains confident of adding at least one new face before the deadline for permanent transfers expires at midnight tomorrow - but new signings had to be registered by 12 noon today in order to be eligible for tomorrow evening's matches.

The only option for a new face is a loan signing - they are eligible to play provided they are signed at least three hours before kick-off. The emergency loan system is another option for McGhee after the window closes, as a three-month spell would now run past the season's end.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/TeamNews/0,,10433~775855,00.html

FFS... still, more important that we have a decent striker or 2 in for the rest of the season...

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
maybe it is that bloke from ireland, did he not play for peterborough or notts county 5 or so years agoe?

Plus is this a striker who MM suggested was not one of his first choices? Also as he is young, is this another one for the future?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Black Country Seagull said:

Plus is this a striker who MM suggested was not one of his first choices? Also as he is young, is this another one for the future?

I think we are down to tenth or eleventh choice strikers now!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Wookiee said:
I am afraid its Daryl Clare of Crawley

I thought that I read that he had played in the Football League and received an injury pay off, like Mike Marsh, so cannot play in the League or am I getting him mixed up with somebody else.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Neil? Mellor - in the reserves at Liverpool ....
Saw him play at Telford against Wolves reserves earlier in the year - looked good.

Maybe his old man would put a good word infor us (Mez Mellor, Wardy's oppo)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Shropshire Seagull said:
Neil? Mellor - in the reserves at Liverpool ....
Saw him play at Telford against Wolves reserves earlier in the year - looked good.

Maybe his old man would put a good word infor us (Mez Mellor, Wardy's oppo)

On loan at Wigan.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Daryl Clare destroyed us a few years ago when he came to Withdean with Northampton

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Let's be honest, even the top scorers in League 1 are out of our price range. If this League 1 rumour is true then it will most likely be an inexperienced Striker as the Argus suggests. Players such as Adam Boyd and Freddy Eastwood are way out of reach.

If we were to sign someone it will be from a Team who are worse off than us and the player has only a small amount of time left on his contract possibly.

Looking at Chris Porter of Oldham and he seemed decent.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
still like the look of kenny cooper man utd reserves. on mcshane's recommendation. and two jocko managers doing the do. that way we may be able to sign mcshane permanatly at end of season.
ok i know i may be getting a little carried away but as i have said before its great to speculate.

:clap2:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
My moneys on Kenny Cooper now. Good call whoever suggested him. Looks like the target man we need as well. Mcghee and Fergie have patched up their differences it seems.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i have no knowledge or inside information but i just liked the look of him whilst checking out premiership players that dont play for their respective clubs. then put together a couple of decent links as to why it could be him.
i doubt very much it will be him but im now hopeing it will be.:thumbsup:
http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=40701

no idea how much he would cost. or if he is any good really.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here