[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
(We've*) a knock-knee'd chicken and a bow legged hen
We aint lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a (and from here on, I did a double take like the mountie choir singing the response lines in the Lumberjack song).

There was a bloke who sat near me at Withdean, Hartlepools fan marooned down south and making best use of his blue and white bobble hat who, when exercised by the tomfoolery of a typical tier 4 referee one afternoon, stood up, red faced and shouted:

"It's people like you who give b'astards like me a bad name". I still titter when I think about that, to this day.

I also enjoyed the lad who liked a big cigar before the game, whose contribution to the entertainment in the seats was to shout:

"Hoof it!.........................................................
................................................quality hoof"

:lolol: :bowdown:

*never quite sure how the song began. Probably 7 different variants.
Oh and it was 'walking down THE SHOREHAM ROAD', which is what I did for every home game I attended between 69 and the ruddy end of it all.

I think we sang ‘running along the Shoreham Road’ and ‘Alan Mullery’s Aces’ before it became the more long-lasting Brighton Aces.

On the Isa who/knock kneed chicken I did suspect it wasn’t ours originally as w##k and Stand don’t rhyme - an Arsenal fan then pointed out it worked perfectly with Highbury’s North Bank of course

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
to see the Brighton aces ......
owwoowowww you should have seen us coming' ..
everywhere was blue and white an everyone was run-in"..
all the lads and lasses smiling like a Venus
going down old shoreham road , to see Jimmy Melia’s penis
.x

Alternative version from some wags in a certain era……..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Also sadly missing due to the ‘right on brigade’…

We’re from a town full of homosexuals!

or

Come over here and take it up the axrxsxe!

And the favourite

You’re too ugly to be gay!

None of the above were ‘hate’ songs, one actually espoused the good looking stereotype of gay people. The best thing was that they actually silenced the homophobic chants from opposition supporters, win win all round.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we sang ‘running along the Shoreham Road’ and ‘Alan Mullery’s Aces’ before it became the more long-lasting Brighton Aces.

On the Isa who/knock kneed chicken I did suspect it wasn’t ours originally as w##k and Stand don’t rhyme - an Arsenal fan then pointed out it worked perfectly with Highbury’s North Bank of course

Far too much widdling and ******* went on in the 60s and 70s to my mind.

Black rock beach, more pebbles than sand,
We are the Brighton.....

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
This one is missing:
"In Brighton's fair city,
Where the girls are so pretty...."
(to the tune of 'Molly Malone')
Must have been a premonition as we were only a town back then!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two from my first season, 1959/60

2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? B R I G H T O N

and

"Up Hove!" in a very posh voice.

We were very polite in those days :)

There was a chant to the tune of Daisy Daisy, but I don’t remember the words.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Some Goldstone classics

We are eeeevil

He's fat, he's round, he bounces on the ground...... (usually sung to Micky Quinn who would then go on to score a hatrick!!!)

You're going home in a Sussex ambulance

Go left go right go pick up the step, go left go right go left....he shot he scored......

Fit down the tunnel, you'll never fit down the tunnel......

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
The best take on anti homophobia was West Ham, the sang 'Does your boyfriend know you're here?' Then it seemed as one, thousands replied 'Ooo get her!' then sang 'You're too ugly to be gay!'
Orient away in the Adams promotion season, they brought on Pinemonte and had no idea who he was. Seconds later he hoofed the ball miles wide and high and we sang 'Pinemonte is a donkey, Pinemonte is a donkey!' Italian opera style.
I always enjoyed 'What the f***ing hell is that?' when mascots appear.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sorry to be a pedant but the Old Shoreham Road only runs from the Holmbush roundabout to Brighton. The road from the Old Toll Bridge to the Holmbush roundabout is Upper Shoreham Road (A270) The A27 is now of course the Shoreham By-pass (which to me, living in Shoreham, is the 'top road'.

There is still a stretch of OSR in Lancing (opposite Lancing Manor Leisure Centre)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports