Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Back in the 1960s when I was a boy standing on the chicken run, I do remember one game when a man kept shouting out "Come on the twin towns!" I can't remember the match or the result, but that has always stuck with me. Never heard it before or since. Not sure whether it was something fans used to say in the 40s or 50s or whether he was just a bit simple.

could be something to do with the twin brothers who used to get on at East Worthing , they were dustmen and used to drink in The Dolphin . They were well known the area, frequently pissed on match day.:cheers:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
could be something to do with the twin brothers who used to get on at East Worthing , they were dustmen and used to drink in The Dolphin . They were well known the area, frequently pissed on match day.:cheers:

I think I remember them from the late 70s! Quite small lads iirc. And it wasn't just match days when they were pissed, in fact I never met them when they weren't! (We were all members of Broadwater WMC).

Anyway, no I don't think it was anything to do with them as they were about my age. I think it was more just a general reference to Brighton and Hove being two towns and the club wasn't just 'Brighton'.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Not exactly a song but "Put that board down, I can't see the game!"

At Millwall: "We hate Palace more than you!"

...and the Withdean special: "Harry, Harry, Show us your wand!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here