Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Actually, are there any local historians who know what became the "new" Shoreham road? Or is it a reference to Shoreham being old? My knowledge of these things is hugely lacking

I'm no historian, but New Shoreham is centred around St Marys (C. 1080 ) and the harbour/river at the footbridge.

'Old' Shoreham is St Nicholas Church which is older, Circa AD 900.

Over time the two have become co-joined by development and are commonly known as one town.

THe A259 coast road is relatively new, the old A27 'top' road is the Old Shoreham Rd which runs from the Toll Bridge by St Nicholas, all the way to Brighton past the Goldstone ground.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
For over 40 years I have always cringed when this is sung.... "all the lads and lasses..." FFS ???

It's a Newcastle song, The Blaydon races.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
In your Liverpool slums

Remember Grimsby, You only sing when you're fishing.
& Pompey, You only sing when you're sailing.
Referee, your old lady is a Whoressssssssss

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Referee, referee your old lady is a whore, your old lady is a whore.
As a young un I thought the North Stand were singing “your old lady is a horse” :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I did enjoy singing "You dirty Northern ********" at Crawley when we played them in the cup at The Goldstone

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At a withdean home game in front of H block 3 male stewards were standing together with a female steward standing on her own to the right of them promoting a rendition of the blind date theme tune

The bloke with the false leg being removed by the stewards with one coming down the steps holding the leg

Away crowd at Brentford in league one singing ‘I predict a diet’ to a chubby steward

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Albion v Wolves at Withdean, Paul Ince got the ball straight in the nuts, as he was getting treatment ??? an Albion fan behind the dugouts shouted “ You’re not the f****** guvnor now Ince” :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And no, I don't want anything racist or homophobic, thank you.

I remember at Withers, a group of fans in the "singing section" (sigh) used to do the "and number 1 was Peter Ward, and number 2 was Peter Ward" etc (Yellow Submarine). Probably haven't heard that in 18 years.

Also, the lesser heard "Seagulls, Seagulls" cry, largely forgotten for "Allllbiiiioooon, Allllbiiiioooon".

And a funny... again at Withdean, we were leading Rochdale I believe and they made a sub, bringing off striker Robbie Painter. Coinciding with a quiet moment, some bloke yells "Robbie, you should've stayed a painter, you're SHIT".

Laughter and merriment all round, even from the bitter old cow sat next to me for that season ticket. Oh, and we won.
Just reverting to tradition - 'Alllbiiion, Alllbiion!' used to rumble round the Goldstone before we were even called the Seagulls!

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
If you go down to the woods today
You better go in disguise.
If you go down to the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise
Cos Jeremy the Sugar Puffs Bear
Has bought some boots and cropped his hair
Today's the day that Jeremy joined the Skinheads.

Brazil, it's just like watching Brazil.

Celery, Celery, if she don't cum I'll tickle her bum
With a stick of Celery

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
The original Albion Albion Albion chant with varied tempo that sounded like waves crashing on a beach.

Check out "Fearless " by Pink Floyd (Meddle album) for the Anfield Kop version if you have never heard or don't remember it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here