Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion announce £67 million losses for 2019/20

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] Interested to understand how we raise revenue for Monks Farm, is it as simple as being able to account for sunk costs associated to planning now that construction is underway?

Also I’ve always assumed this development goes some way/ a long way to sustainability due to annuity revenue from IKEA plus the sale of the housing or do we get one off transactional benefits for two discrete transactions only?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was made clear time and time again the huge loss of revenue on match days coupled with the clear change of policy on buying players.

The only good news is other Premier League clubs will be even further in the shit then we are.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I guess all other clubs are taking a similar hit?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] Interested to understand how we raise revenue for Monks Farm, is it as simple as being able to account for sunk costs associated to planning now that construction is underway?

Also I’ve always assumed this development goes some way/ a long way to sustainability due to annuity revenue from IKEA plus the sale of the housing or do we get one off transactional benefits for two discrete transactions only?

Not sure of exact nature of transactions but there was £10m in revenue and £9m in costs

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I guess all other clubs are taking a similar hit?

15931A92-7170-4F96-923A-D2B222D8CEEC.jpeg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking more likely now that we are buying Caicedo this window as an advanced replacement for £40 million+ Bissouma in the summer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If TV Money was late due to the season being paused, how much of that £67 million is just a late payment from the broadcasters?

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Shows that relegation is not an option really. The finances are probably not helped by the terrible fall in value of certain players like Locadia, Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo. All were signed for reasonably large fees but have contributed little and will likely leave for nothing. It also makes it interesting that we didn't sell White this Summer. I suppose once a gambler always a gambler.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Having matches taking place behind closed doors at the end of the season meant that Brighton’s matchday revenue fell by over a quarter to £13.5 million.

Albion make about £1 million per home match, and so this meant that they are likely to have a financial hit of about £18 million in 2020/21, assuming that there are no matches played before a paying audience for the remainder of the season.

Matchday income historically made up about 13% of Brighton’s total revenue in the Premier League, but it was over half of the total when the club was in the Championship.

FULL ARTICLE >>> http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-2019-20-reel-around-the-fountain/

Am I reading your article right by saying Everton made £118m loss and Southampton made a £76m loss?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] not that it matters too much as the fee was relatively small but how does amortisation work now Lamptey has signed a new contract? The amortisation is extended over the length of the new contract or just until the end of the initial contract?

Great work as usual!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Looking more likely now that we are buying Caicedo this window as an advanced replacement for £40 million+ Bissouma in the summer.

That’s a given,

I’d imagine a decent offer for any of our players will be considered now

PL survival is absolutely essential so should we not take a minimum 7 or 8 points from next 6 games and find ourselves too close to comfort to 18th place again would the board weigh up the cost of a change of coach?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here