Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mostly hit for me.

"We all know that the police are perfectly capable of investigating themselves...."

Harked back to his first radio series when he had the lawyer on "well the police are hardly going to arrest someone that isn't guilty".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I thought it was a tremendous episode with a few laugh out louds. "Eat 'til you bloat, then fingers down the throat." being one of them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
43 pages - what other 6-part comedy series could manage that? It really was superb, I have all the episodes on catch-up and plan a Partridge binge next time the missus goes out with the Year 5 mum's crew.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
43 pages - what other 6-part comedy series could manage that? It really was superb, I have all the episodes on catch-up and plan a Partridge binge next time the missus goes out with the Year 5 mum's crew.
Likewise. Will be watching the lot again with my son. It's quite heartening to watch a twelve year old who usually laughs at nonsense on YouTube etc ABSOLUTELY crying with laughter at AP.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Best to draw a veil over the ensuing shower scene completely. The camera lingered WAY too long...

As sure as eggs is eggs Partridge will come out as gay at some point. From his obsession with ladyboys all those years ago to a number of nods in this series (“see you later, Alan” from the young lad dressed up as a girl, then that shower scene).

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
One of the few programmes that makes me laugh out loud - lots of clever subtle stuff and also the not so subtle e.g. his black rod gag in the last episode. We now need something else to kick start the week - big shoes to fill.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've always thought Alan is funnier when we are just seeing his day to day life or on Mid Morning Matters. The Wild Swan/Wild Geese gag on MMM is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
This hasn't really changed my mind. I thought it was really picking up but fell down again. There was some genius in there but it wasn't consistent enough to go down as a triumph. The last couple of episodes were not very good.

There are two "documentaries" with AP coming along in the next year. I hope they are better than TT.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As sure as eggs is eggs Partridge will come out as gay at some point. From his obsession with ladyboys all those years ago to a number of nods in this series (“see you later, Alan” from the young lad dressed up as a girl, then that shower scene).

No he's not gay. He's the epitome of the "I'm not interested in all that stuff" type of bloke, who clearly is.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No he's not gay. He's the epitome of the "I'm not interested in all that stuff" type of bloke, who clearly is.

Even if he were gay, he’d never allow himself to follow it up let alone “come out”. He’s far too repressed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don't think you could be more wrong. He may have some repressed urges that he is confused about, but he keeps it all deeply buried in a desperately overly macho, blokey 1970's persona.

A bit like Clarkson, actually.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"No offence Lynn, but your life is technically not worth insuring. If you had a minor injury, I can cover that personally. And if you were to die, whilst that would be awful, you'd be gone and I'd find a replacement. So far so good. The worst thing would be if you were maimed. That would be a DISASTER for me. And for you, fairs fair".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And funnily enough, it lands on its wheels, and it starts first time and they just drive away.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"If you want to vote for a food-related hero, may I suggest turkey baron Bernard Matthews. Bernard slays, and I know this because he's a friend of mine, close to seven million turkeys a year. He has slaughtered close to a billion birds for your eating pleasure. Not personally of course, the process is highly mechanised. No, Bernard has not actually wrung the neck of a turkey for a couple of years now. And even then it was for a charity event. Its great to be around him. Depending on your point of view, he is either responsible for the biggest ornothological genocide of recent times, or he is the greatest farmyard-to-table strategist of the last hundred years".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here