Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looking forward to the finale tonight :thumbsup:

My parents have said they find the show stupid and not very funny. That usually gives it the seal of approval for me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Episode 6 of 6 tonight. Will Alan go out with a head-mental BANG or with a WHIMPER? I think we all know the answer to that one. Eat my GOOOOOOAL! :moo:

A desperately embarrassing but hilarious WHIMPER!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward to the finale tonight :thumbsup:

My parents have said they find the show stupid and not very funny. That usually gives it the seal of approval for me.

Bet they love Warren?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Drop a thigh, elbow down to open, thigh budge, round and in, thigh to close, wrist to lock, turn, lid up, seat down, and paper paper paper, tear, rent, place, turn, squat, paper paper paper, tear, complete, turn, feed paper back into bowl, and flush.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't even know what that is.

It's a program on before AP where Martin Clunes as a driving instructor gets wound up about pretty
much anything and shouts a lot. Supposed to be comedy, but fails on that count largely.

Poor script writing.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just caught up with Episodes 4 & 5. So so funny...the quote regarding Monty Don being called ' 'The Don' by his allotment chums, but that could be because his surname is Don', had me floored. Up there with the best Partridge.

Will watch episode 6 tomorrow morning over some tea and toast!

TNBA

TTF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"She'd smother her own grandmother with a pillow to get on the front of the Radio Times"
"Oooh...she looks like she's been squeezed out of a giant tube of Colgate lady paste"

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
AP: "Interesting dress you're wearing, Its got a flavour of...whats the word...eiderdown"
Lynn: "Just trying to look my best"
AP: "What. In case the Director General of the BBC starts looking around for a presenter for a new show called Jumble Sale ? Cos even then, he's going to go with Hunniford"
Lynn: "No. I just wanted to pop something cheerful on because they said I got the all clear"
AP: "oh"

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mostly hit for me.

"We all know that the police are perfectly capable of investigating themselves...."

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
AP: "Interesting dress you're wearing, Its got a flavour of...whats the word...eiderdown"
Lynn: "Just trying to look my best"
AP: "What. In case the Director General of the BBC starts looking around for a presenter for a new show called Jumble Sale ? Cos even then, he's going to go with Hunniford"
Lynn: "No. I just wanted to pop something cheerful on because they said I got the all clear"
AP: "oh"

[emoji38]ol:
Brilliant stuff.

Simon cocking up the autocue and trying to overcompensate for being terrified by being enthusiastic about completely the wrong things was genius.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brilliant stuff.

Simon cocking up the autocue and trying to overcompensate for being terrified by being enthusiastic about completely the wrong things was genius.

There's just so much. Its like The Thick of It, and Veep. The subtle gags come so thick and fast that you end up having to watch it twice to fully pick up on them.

The bit when they're watching his sleep pattern and he's constantly scratching and fingering his arse..."err...I'm just going to spool on"...and he's still doing it for ages in fast-forward mode just had me in bits.

This show has been a joy, and will stand up to repeated viewings. Loved it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They definitely need a second watch. I thought last night's was a bit meh, but there would've been loads of gags that I missed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mostly hit for me.

"We all know that the police are perfectly capable of investigating themselves...."

The roadside set-to with the police officer was a gem: "You're dancing again sir"

And the sheer weirdness of the police station re-enactment with Alan skulking around behind the tall firm-jawed actor-playing-Alan. Best to draw a veil over the ensuing shower scene completely. The camera lingered WAY too long...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here