[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lots of people working today and they know there’s no hurry as they can buy them over the weekend - guaranteed. I hope I’m wrong but I think will sell out or very close to over the weekend.
I know this makes sense in theory. But in practice the vast majority of people get excited and log on at 9am and buy straight away, just to make absolutely sure. The club will know roughly what the take up will be, and they wouldn't have put the second tier threshold as low if they weren't expecting it to go down to it.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
552 left at 9.30
I knew that the middle block would be popular but was a little surprised that 415 seemed to be more popular than 417 being as it is further from the pitch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lots of people working today and they know there’s no hurry as they can buy them over the weekend - guaranteed. I hope I’m wrong but I think will sell out or very close to over the weekend.
No chance it'll sell out completely - that would mean every T1 person buying their ticket. Maybe 1-200 left for T2 perhaps.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I used stubhub.ie - received an email to register an account with Ajax - requires ID verification but using my UK ID flagged no issues - I now have a home end ticket sat in the official Ajax app on my phone ready to go.
Saw this when trying to find about the perspex screen (have bought in row 11). The post is 5 years old but they sound like they're a few years ahead of us in driving out touts, unless they've given up alongside their team

1695977018323.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Down to about 450 now. I feel sorry for those in Tier 2. If there are any left by Monday there will be one hell of a mad scramble come 9.00 am.
There will be a couple of hundred left for Monday. I'll go for 09:25.
No chance - they'll all be snaffled within the first minute or so.

A few may re-appear later on from people who stuck them in their basket and didn't complete for whatever reason.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
I used stubhub.ie - received an email to register an account with Ajax - requires ID verification but using my UK ID flagged no issues - I now have a home end ticket sat in the official Ajax app on my phone ready to go.
can you tell me my re please

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Saw this when trying to find about the perspex screen (have bought in row 11). The post is 5 years old but they sound like they're a few years ahead of us in driving out touts, unless they've given up alongside their team

View attachment 167255
There’s a great big button on the app called ‘share ticket’ which to me implies I’m free to send it on to somebody else at will which would imply they are less bothered about this than in the past?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No chance - they'll all be snaffled within the first minute or so.

A few may re-appear later on from people who stuck them in their basket and didn't complete for whatever reason.
And if they sell out I would keep checking as odd ones and two may be returned as people struggle with either travel, accommodation or work leave. I got all three done ahead of time as a gamble (me and the boy on 275 which I thought would be too few) but refundable and made leave changeable with HR - not everyone else can do that.

As a further example Villa has been Sold Out on the site several times but the button was active again this morning. I've just mailed supporter services to say we won't be making it either thanks to the train strike and I guess that's why others are returned. Always worth checking on a regular basis after the Sold Out comes up and looking on here and Twitter for when this might be the case.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There’s a great big button on the app called ‘share ticket’ which to me implies I’m free to send it on to somebody else at will which would imply they are less bothered about this than in the past?
I imagine they might be less bothered about Brighton. No away fans in the ground at all for the abandoned Klassieker last week, which would suggest it probably wasn't active for that one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I imagine they might be less bothered about Brighton. No away fans in the ground at all for the abandoned Klassieker last week, which would suggest it probably wasn't active for that one.

Indeed, my working theory on this one is that this is a club very used to football tourists, indeed they seem to cater to them in a number of ways. The home address I've registered with Ajax is in Bristol, so if push comes to shove I'll claim to be a neutral just there to take in a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports