Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Remind me when Fulham sold beer in the away end that could be taken into the stands.
They do not. The point of the original post was to demonstrate that it is indeed possible to have wild celebrations and fully celebrate an Albion goal and win WITHOUT upsetting and soaking people who only, like you presumably, want to support our great club.

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
I mean this genuinely, is it not boring sitting on here in an echo chamber of everyone saying the ban isn’t long enough and what he did could have killed someone?

He threw a very small bit of a beer, many people threw way more, if you met him you’d probably say he’s unlucky and the club have got it wrong once more. But no, suddenly he’s lucky it’s only a five game ban.

For a club that’s fought for the good will of the fans, we don’t half turn on our own quick enough.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Umm, that's exactly the point isn't it?

Why’s that the point, if beer was sold I’m sure you would have seen plenty of beer flying although probably not as it was right at the death.

But my view is if it was common place at UK games it would either have been the same or similar to Ajax or stamped out long ago.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
No beer was thrown in the making of this video…… :smile:

Some people in the comments on Twitter seem to think the beer throwing added to the goal celebration….maybe they didn’t go to this match.

Probably the last time you beat us. Anyway, you now know how we feel at the Amex on the last couple of visits! I spilt my water a few weeks ago when the equaliser went in (bottle top had been confiscated).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why’s that the point, if beer was sold I’m sure you would have seen plenty of beer flying although probably not as it was right at the death.

But my view is if it was common place at UK games it would either have been the same or similar to Ajax or stamped out long ago.
Celebrating a goal and nothing being luzzed. Simple really

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those self righteous on here who are using the ground terms as a valid reason to punish them how many times have you read them before a game?
Most people don’t need to read the “ground terms” to keep within them :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think if beer in the seats was normalised I suspect very few people would chuck it around as it would not be accepted !! Think it only happens as it's a bit of a novelty being able to drink in your seat.
A similar argument was used when the UK extended licensing; we all know how this went. Instead of heralding a new era, with a more mature relationship with alcohol, it gave the UK even more hours to pour even more alcohol down its throat. :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Clearly two different scenarios but carry on.
Was my point that difficult for you to understand?..read the comment above the Fulham video.

Brighton fans at Fulham that day managed to celebrate goals wildly (limbs for the youth) without throwing stuff.
I’ve seen comments on Twitter saying “are we supposed to sit on our hands”? etc when they heard about the the fan(s) banned for throwing beer in the celebration at Ajax.

Simple point- Fulham video- Albion fans celebrating wildly without throwing stuff.

Last edited:

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I mean this genuinely, is it not boring sitting on here in an echo chamber of everyone saying the ban isn’t long enough and what he did could have killed someone?

He threw a very small bit of a beer, many people threw way more, if you met him you’d probably say he’s unlucky and the club have got it wrong once more. But no, suddenly he’s lucky it’s only a five game ban.

For a club that’s fought for the good will of the fans, we don’t half turn on our own quick enough.
Forget all the “hang him” talk, most people on here are effectively a bit bookish and stuck in their ways. Maybe a letter from the club asking him not to do it again is sufficient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here