[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
From the Dogma piece...

My friend throws his beer (keeps hold of the cup) . I throw mine, not paying any attention to where it ends up.
About 70th minute or so stewards come up and take someone down a few rows next to us. I said to my mates the stewards keep looking at us. Then a minute later they come up, ask me to go with them.
In the concourse they then tell me I’m getting kicked for throwing a beer,
1. He suggests he threw his beer, cup and all, due to how he highlights his friend retained his cup. This is backed up in the last sentence "throwing a beer", not "throwing some beer".

2. The stewards only take the author of the statement, not his friend. It seems they were able to differentiate between liquid being thrown and a cup with beer in it being thrown.

In the now-deleted Albion "limbs" video, there was clearly a cup-with-beer that was thrown from the Albion fans in the upper tier that went over the screen and ledge into the Ajax fans below. I know this because, yesterday, I tried to find a good still from that video to share to FB linking to this thread. The still is at the bottom of this post - it's not very good. But in trying to find a still I was able to easily track that beer all the way down.

Obviously, I have no idea if the Dogma statement came from the chucker of that beer and, since he doesn't know where his beer went, he won't know that either.

As I said earlier in this thread, at the end of the game I saw a lot of cups-with-beer thrown because I was at the far left of the Albion fans next to the screen with Ajax fans beyond. As such I heard many large thumps as cups smashed into the screen and saw a few Albion fans hit by the cups that made it over. I have no doubt that even the flimsiest of plastic cups could seriously hurt someone when containing only a relatively small amount of liquid. We've even had an Albion fan on this thread tell us they were cut by a cup thrown at the game.

If Albion stewards saw opposing fans throw things at home fans at the Amex, and reported them to their own club, I would fully expect that club to take appropriate action. As such, based on Ajax reporting fan(s), I am not surprised Albion have acted. It's what Ajax and UEFA will expect. Do people think Ajax are making it up?

As it is, we know we were warned by Ajax over the PA. It is highly likely that we will be reported to UEFA and we may find in future games, no beer is available to us at all. When Ajax visited us, they were not allowed to buy beer by instruction of UEFA.

Of course, I have massive sympathy with an Albion fan who got carried away on what was a fantastic night, and will have to miss games, but the Albion have a duty to act when fans are reported in this way.

View attachment 169893
I can see me! Not anything to do with flying beer though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyway, time for a bit of whataboutery - I had a little look on the parking threads earlier. "I got a ticket, its outrageous, yes there was a sign but I didnt see it etc etc etc". Response = 'bloody scammers, don't pay, it's not a legal enforcement, makes my blood boil, challenge, take action, don't stand for it etc etc etc etc etc etc". What is it about cars that makes everyone pull together to support the car driver eh?
Because plenty of these shitehouse companies that run car parks have history of stitching up drivers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:ohmy: Banned for flicking V's at opposite fans, I do that most games, I don't think they can see me in WSU mind, but didn't think it was a banning offence
Another from this very parish has been ejected for the very same thing, or was it giving the wanker sign? One or the other, he may even have been arrested for it, at Wolves IIRC.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Another from this very parish has been ejected for the very same thing, or was it giving the wanker sign? One or the other, he may even have been arrested for it, at Wolves IIRC.
Jesus, that's depressing. I might consider starting a self help group if others come forward. I am left wondering where the wanker sign, flicking the V's or use of the middle finger sit on the scale of antisocial behaviour and potential bans. I'd hope that the vulvas would have that detailed on their rap sheet along with the homophobic song/action list.

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
The club posted a celebratory video, what he did was a tiny part of that (if visible at all), but agree he was a bit unlucky to be singled out by an Ajax steward for it when he clearly wasn’t the only one who did it - the ban has followed his ejection by them (I suspect that’s binary, and not following any additional evidence being reviewed etc). Hasn’t helped himself by posting his confession on SM looking for sympathy though imo.
Just as a side note, the quote he released has already been shared with many club officials, and the FAB; going to SM wasn't his first move I can assure you.

The club have been in communication with the individual and as time goes on, the ban looks more likely to stay, but that does not mean his story should not be reported on just because he made a mistake.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine seeing The palace in The Dam?

So many fans would have a choice of season ticket seats, next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just as a side note, the quote he released has already been shared with many club officials, and the FAB; going to SM wasn't his first move I can assure you.

The club have been in communication with the individual and as time goes on, the ban looks more likely to stay, but that does not mean his story should not be reported on just because he made a mistake.
Don't disagree, but it's not really 'reporting' when the subject puts it out in the way he has. Also, if he's still in discussion with the club about it, then going public with something that at least implies critism of the club looks a little bit daft.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well it seems we can’t have limbs anymore, (yes I know this us different cos johnny got wet from some beer) but it is a common trend, because every time we get a raucous away following, people come on here to whine. Same if there are songs that swear or are tongue in cheek, people MOAN MOAN MOAN.
No one has even suggested this, let alone said it. So why type this? It's nonsense; I hope you know this.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well it seems we can’t have limbs anymore, (yes I know this us different cos johnny got wet from some beer) but it is a common trend, because every time we get a raucous away following, people come on here to whine. Same if there are songs that swear or are tongue in cheek, people MOAN MOAN MOAN.
Wtf are you on about - in all my years I have never seen anyone on here nor heard anyone at a game moan about raucous away following or songs with swearing 🤣🤣 chucking beer everywhere is different ffs. On the continent folk manage to take beers into the stadium and not be so immature as to luzz it and the cup everywhere when they score. They're also pretty raucous in the way they follow their team.

And I guess it depends what you mean by raucous - passionately getting behind the team is different to just being a smashed up knob at a game

Last edited:

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Don't disagree, but it's not really 'reporting' when the subject puts it out in the way he has. Also, if he's still in discussion with the club about it, then going public with something that at least implies critism of the club looks a little bit daft.
Yeh I'd be inclined to agree with you however, the individual actually hasn't complained that much publicly on Social media. He's shared with me his views on the matter, but most of the noise has been sparked by his friends, myself included.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Can't even celebrate bloody Christmas nowadays. Have to call it Winterval.
I’m a member of at least two organisations who say 'winter holiday' rather than use the word Christmas. I’m sure plenty of companies and organisations still say Christmas but a lot won’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports