Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I'm not talking about the issue at hand but there is absolutely a decent section of people on here who seemingly despise other Brighton fans and football fans in general. The thread about the station incident against Ajax opened my eyes to this fact.
I have read this post a few times and i cannot work out whether the people who seemingly despise other Brighton fans are those who are satisfied when one is banned for antisocial behaviour or those who throw cups full of beer at their fellow supporters. Perhaps you could elucidate

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
As I've already said I have little sympathy with the offender but if I'm being generous I think it's sometimes quite a fine line between being a troublemaker and being a vociferous, maybe over enthusiastic fan who starts chants, goads the opposition and perhaps goes a little further than most but which every club needs to get an atmosphere going.

But a genuine question from a self confessed boring old fart for some of those on here who feel the offender has done nothing wrong and perhaps are one of more vociferous fans i describe above - where do you personally draw the line? Do you think absolutely anything goes? Is luzzing full cups ok? Do you sing the Zaha song? Are you one of the 5% you insist on standing where you like at away games? Do you constantly give the wanker sign at opposition fans? Do you bring smoke flares? Etc etc. Again, I'm just curious, we need the fans who push things a little to get things going but I'd be lying if I said it's not hugely irritating if I'm stuck next to one just as its irritating to be stuck next to someone who shows zero emotion. I guess what I'm trying to say is we all have our own lines that we don't cross but what are yours?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No one has even suggested this, let alone said it. So why type this? It's nonsense; I hope you know this.
Tbf though what's more dangerous?

1) a plastic cup with some beer falling on you

Or

2) a 20 stone fat bastad falling on you from the row above after 'limbs'

Its surely 2)

In which case limbs is probably too dangerous in the cold light of day. :)

Nicks

Or

Its surely 2)

You could add a 3) Being in behind a barrier in the North Stand of The Goldstone when Albion score !!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I've already said I have little sympathy with the offender but if I'm being generous I think it's sometimes quite a fine line between being a troublemaker and being a vociferous, maybe over enthusiastic fan who starts chants, goads the opposition and perhaps goes a little further than most but which every club needs to get an atmosphere going.

But a genuine question from a self confessed boring old fart for some of those on here who feel the offender has done nothing wrong and perhaps are one of more vociferous fans i describe above - where do you personally draw the line? Do you think absolutely anything goes? Is luzzing full cups ok? Do you sing the Zaha song? Are you one of the 5% you insist on standing where you like at away games? Do you constantly give the wanker sign at opposition fans? Do you bring smoke flares? Etc etc. Again, I'm just curious, we need the fans who push things a little to get things going but I'd be lying if I said it's not hugely irritating if I'm stuck next to one just as its irritating to be stuck next to someone who shows zero emotion. I guess what I'm trying to say is we all have our own lines that we don't cross but what are yours?

You can't just leave that there. It needs a poll :wink:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I have read this post a few times and i cannot work out whether the people who seemingly despise other Brighton fans are those who are satisfied when one is banned for antisocial behaviour or those who throw cups full of beer at their fellow supporters. Perhaps you could elucidate
You read it a few times so how come you missed the bit where I said "I'm not talking about the issue at hand"? The post I replied to was about people moaning in general.

And to clarify I'm talking about the type of fan who says they don't go to away games because it attracts pond scum. There's a few on here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You could add a 3) Being in behind a barrier in the North Stand of The Goldstone when Albion score !!!
Yer I remember a skinny little runt mate of mine cracking a rib in the old north stand after a surge. It was his first game, 14 years old, he never came again !!

I remember when we beat Leicester (I think) at home being on the floor celebrating in north stand getting trampled on.

Much more dangerous than flying plastic pints, I'm convinced.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Or

Its surely 2)

Plastic cups can split with sharp edges, which is why somebody has already said, it drew blood.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Many years ago I was temporarily banned from the Parodox for spilling a drink over the balcony. This was totally accidental after a shove.

I was identified simply as the only one in the area with half a pint unaccounted for.

4 week ban coincided with a big money move to the Event2 which in hindsight was a superior establishment

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Slightly separate topic but unsurprisingly Ajax fans have been banned from Marseille.
Although this seems to be due to the actions of the home Marseille supporters, given their attack on the Lyon bus, and Lille supporters being banned for their own safety.

And people wondered why some Albion fans were not keen on going to Marseille.

Can't see the Ajax fans who have booked travel and hotels being too happy.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Losing my licence for life would be absurdly disproportionate for parking on a double yellow or driving at 75 on a motorway. Serving a temporary 5-game ban for throwing a plastic glass of beer in a football stadium is not disproportionate IMO. What’s your point? Zero tolerance refers to attitude towards the offence, not imposing maximum possible punishment.

I hope they didn’t have a 330ml pint of lager wine in their plastic glass. That would have caused a real mess.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Although this seems to be due to the actions of the home Marseille supporters, given their attack on the Lyon bus, and Lille supporters being banned for their own safety.

And people wondered why some Albion fans were not keen on going to Marseille.

Can't see the Ajax fans who have booked travel and hotels being too happy.
Ajax and Marseille also do not get along, at all.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A lot of people on here condemning throwing things of any sort. I assume none of you threw rolls of streamers, bog roll or anything along those lines at Wembley or the AMEX in pre game celebrations. these people should be found and band as it was pre meditated and planned even smuggling them into the ground.

Too many people on here siding with the club who are being over heavy handed at every opportunity creating a sterile environment home and away. It feels incredibly harsh when you see what flys home and abroad at times. No pun intended.

It’s clearly a mistake they have owned up to it and it’s a lesson learnt for everyone. Those self righteous on here who are using the ground terms as a valid reason to punish them how many times have you read them before a game?

To be clear I’ve luzzed zero pints (I did get bundled over and lost 6 during the second goal) and wouldn’t be impressed if anyone in my group did it. But I really struggle to support the club on such a harsh ban of a minimum of 5 games and a maximum of 10 games. If it was that much of a concern a clear comms should have gone out after Marseille stating there was zero tolerance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here