Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ajax fans tomorrow night

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We were in the queue. A bit more than handbags but a lot less than a fight. They were throwing everything except punches.

Gave the OB the total runaround though. Marseille will take the town to bits. Balkham needs to stop tweeting and start planning as it was like Keystone Cops tonight.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We were in the queue. A bit more than handbags but a lot less than a fight. They were throwing everything except punches.

Gave the OB the total runaround though. Marseille will take the town to bits. Balkham needs to stop tweeting and start planning as it was like Keystone Cops tonight.
First I've heard of this - how do you know that? Where else did trouble occur?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
First I've heard of this - how do you know that? Where else did trouble occur?
Just in the station but the OB were 30 yards and two minutes behind the ultras and spent more time videoing us in the queue than catching Ajax fans. There were Ajax spotters in our queue trying to kick things off individually and some of them managed to do a loop of the station and come back. No communication with Brighton fans, just held in the queue while everyone else ran round and chucked things.

Compare that to Palace where they’ve always got them kettled by then and under full control.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quiet, disappointingly quiet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He should probably borrow some tactics from the Amsterdam police.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As im getting older I'm coming to realise that a big percentage of football fans are complete ****s
Mmmm bigger than your average random people on the street but also most that high a % for me. Different rules at football. Not condoning anti social behaviour like at the station by them though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mmmm bigger than your average random people on the street but also most that high a % for me. Different rules at football. Not condoning anti social behaviour like at the station by them though.
In reality it's a very small percentage nowadays - in the UK at least (maybe higher % England games but not sure - don't follow England bar on telly). You only have to look at the train queues etc to see a wide cross section of society and largely decent folk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As im getting older I'm coming to realise that a big percentage of football fans are complete ****s
Think of how many tossers there are on the planet, factor in how popular football is and bingo bango bongo you've got your percentage of football tossers.

It probably seems like a lot because of how often we're interacting with them. Every weekend for however many years we've been following football.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

You will be safe against Marseile as Guppy is coming out of retirement and no foriegn firm would risk dealing with him especially if hes angry if uncle sams have no ketchup for his chips again

Regards
DF

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not if you’re a kid you fool. There were some very scared children in that queue.

You do occasionally behave like some know it all midfield general on here. You’re not. So don’t.
Know it all midfield general, that’s quite funny and probably true sometimes, fair comment.
I will put a check on myself, sorry.
I stand by handbags though, compared to stuff most of us have seen before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You will be safe against Marseile as Guppy is coming out of retirement and no foriegn firm would risk dealing with him especially if hes angry if uncle sams have no ketchup for his chips again

Regards
DF
It’s the away leg I worry about. Imagine walking through the Dam munching a brownie, only to see our glorious leader being chased down the road by a brass who feels she’s the one who’s been short changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here