Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax - Amsterdam

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Grasshopper,brings back a few memories,just.
I remember it being a sports bar at the bottom, coffee shop on the first floor and a steak house on the top floor back in 2006 - went in there stone cold normal and came out a giggling mess after drinking soft drinks and eating steak.

Went back in 2016 for work and went straight there and it was just a restaurant, much to my disappointment. I found This Place one evening and have never had a bad experience. (you can't book though so get there early)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there a bar there ?
I’ll never understand how the nazis struggled to find her, her house is sign-posted on every street.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
😬

Attachments

• IMG_7171.jpeg
    IMG_7171.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 93

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Cheap hotel prices in Amsterdam isn't my experience tbh. I take any point that low prices could be considered relative to different people. My daughter lives and works in Zaandam. Slightly better value over there or Haarlem when I've looked to visit. Compared to Berlin prices as an example, Amsterdam are way higher in general. Even with the former experiencing rises post Covid.
There are loads of boat hotels... small but functional cabins for £60-£80.....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
How safe would the home end be? Thinking of trying to chance it, change my phone background to a photo of another team incase anyone asks and then just sit on my hands as we slap them 4-0. Could even claim I have mates who are Brighton but I’m just a mere Worthing fan here for the ride.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We are on a cruise tomorrow around Northern Europe for a couple of weeks, and Thursday stop is Amsterdam.

I will do a recce…..luzzz some chairs in the main square and will of course be wearing my Albion shirt.

I will report back on their weak spots!

you ain’t seen me…right… View attachment 166014
Can you also include the transport options from the cruise terminal? I’ll be needing that information. Thanks.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How safe would the home end be? Thinking of trying to chance it, change my phone background to a photo of another team incase anyone asks and then just sit on my hands as we slap them 4-0. Could even claim I have mates who are Brighton but I’m just a mere Worthing fan here for the ride.
Very safe.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
You'll be fine as long as you don't celebrate, especially not in F Side as hooliganism here is starting to rise quite sharply again.

Would change the phone background if it's obviously Brighton though, I mean that goes without saying...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here