Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Air Fryers

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Just picked one up in Asda. Tempted to do Sunday lunch in it. Have an 800g beef topside joint and was wanting to do a one pot roast with potatoes and Carrots etc. Any advice? I'm slightly worried about ruining everything

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just picked one up in Asda. Tempted to do Sunday lunch in it. Have an 800g beef topside joint and was wanting to do a one pot roast with potatoes and Carrots etc. Any advice? I'm slightly worried about ruining everything
Yeah go to The YouTube.

(I'd also start off a little less ambitious, perhaps just airfry the veg, as per The YouTube)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just picked one up in Asda. Tempted to do Sunday lunch in it. Have an 800g beef topside joint and was wanting to do a one pot roast with potatoes and Carrots etc. Any advice? I'm slightly worried about ruining
Yeah go to The YouTube.

(I'd also start off a little less ambitious, perhaps just airfry the veg, as per The YouTube)
And roast potatoes no oil either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Make sure you have a temperature probe to check the centre of any meat you cook, check the core temp just in case.. stuff can look cooked on the outside if you have it on a high setting but underdone in the middle. Obviously as Stat says, veggies might be a better starting point as its pretty hard to get food poisoning off an undercooked spud.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Love mine and I went as cheap as chips, small £40 scoville on offer in Asda a few months back. I cook lovely lamb leg steaks (£4 for 2) and beef medallions ( £3 for 2), find it great for cheap meat. Also did a lovely rib eye in it. Mushrooms, broccoli and courgette go in regularly. Not used the main oven since (i do a whole chicken in a slow cooker overnight). Must have saved a bit on the leccy. It's a thumbs up from me! (Only regret is i should have gone larger and higher quality but it was just a tester for me).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Love mine and I went as cheap as chips, small £40 scoville on offer in Asda a few months back. I cook lovely lamb leg steaks (£4 for 2) and beef medallions ( £3 for 2), find it great for cheap meat. Also did a lovely rib eye in it. Mushrooms, broccoli and courgette go in regularly. Not used the main oven since (i do a whole chicken in a slow cooker overnight). Must have saved a bit on the leccy. It's a thumbs up from me! (Only regret is i should have gone larger and higher quality but it was just a tester for me).
It's becoming an actual tradition that anyone buying an Air Fryer wishes they had bought a bigger one after a weeks use.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I use mine so much it's now falling apart.

Personally go for the oven variety, rather than the drawer types.

There is nothing particularly "gadgety" about them. They are a just small and highly efficient convection oven. They do not fry with air.

A few things are a bit rubbish (I find they dry fish out) but since the racks (in the oven variety) are mesh they do certain things so so much better than a usual oven.

If you are confident to joint a chicken on the bone you won't go back after cooking in an air fryer. Put the roast potatoes in the normal one.

I had a complete disaster cooking Yorkshire puddings in there. They rose so quickly they instantly collapsed.

However, if you read the Guardian and like Halloumi you'll be amazed what an air fryer does to it.

In fact, they could easily sell them as halloumi cookers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here