Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Air Fryers

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Love mine and I went as cheap as chips, small £40 scoville on offer in Asda a few months back. I cook lovely lamb leg steaks (£4 for 2) and beef medallions ( £3 for 2), find it great for cheap meat. Also did a lovely rib eye in it. Mushrooms, broccoli and courgette go in regularly. Not used the main oven since (i do a whole chicken in a slow cooker overnight). Must have saved a bit on the leccy. It's a thumbs up from me! (Only regret is i should have gone larger and higher quality but it was just a tester for me).

Please. Joint a chicken on the bone and air fry.

It's incredible.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A basic steak and chips this evening on the Ninja and has come out so much nicer than the oven and George Foreman combo. I imagine significantly cheaper to run as well.

The George Foreman might be keeping the NutriBullet company shortly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A basic steak and chips this evening on the Ninja and has come out so much nicer than the oven and George Foreman combo. I imagine significantly cheaper to run as well.

The George Foreman might be keeping the NutriBullet company shortly
I have an air fryer etc but having owned pubs I ask myself would I ever use one in commercial kitchens.

I'm cooking steak this evening and I don't believe you can beat a griddle, fat fryer for the chips and homemade onion rings. Along with mushrooms and peas with a homemade blue cheese sauce.

Steak cooked blue to rare.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have an air fryer etc but having owned pubs I ask myself would I ever use one in commercial kitchens.

I'm cooking steak this evening and I don't believe you can beat a griddle, fat fryer for the chips and homemade onion rings. Along with mushrooms and peas with a homemade blue cheese sauce.

Of course, you are correct but the air fryer are about convenience, quickness, cost and healthiness. I currently own 3 ninjas but I rarely cook a steak in it. I would the fries to go with it and veg. I cook my chips 3 times if I'm going all out but finish in air fryer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ninja introducing the flexidraw - a big drawer that can be divided.

Or if you don't care about brand name, a cheaper alternative where you have one big drawer, or take it out and put in two smaller drawers.

Amazon product

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

Anyone who claims chips are better in an air fryer than a deep fat fryer are lying. And I'm a huge advocate of my AF.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone who claims chips are better in an air fryer than a deep fat fryer are lying. And I'm a huge advocate of my AF.

That said

If you get very good pre cook fries (the M&S are top notch and cheap) and air fry them they are incredible.

I prefer the oven style air fryer rather than the ones with drawers.

So all the time, I ....

1) Joint a good chicken. Watch a video if you never have. It's easy.
2) Marinade overnight, even if that's just olive oil and some herbs, salt and pepper in the fridge. If you can try not to use liquid and go for dry rubs and herbs.
3) Wipe the skin dry and leave chicken pieces uncovered on a tray for half a day in the fridge to dry the skin out (v.important)
4) Air fry

I've also got of those cooking thermometers with the optional in oven probe.

Amazon product

When the alarm goes at 72C in the thickest part of the breast, everything is done. At that point thighs will have reached 80C plus, which is what you need for thighs.

Pile that in a bowl jointed and you won't bother roasting a chicken whole again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here