Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How disgusted would you be as a manager turning up at a new club midway through the season to find a player not even fit enough to be considered for the team. And no he's not injured, he's been training as his (various) tweets confirm.

Pathetic "professional" who has fleeced an absolute fortune from this club. As his contracts up in June, if it was up to me, I'd pay him up and bin him off right now. Pointless having him still hanging around the place when he's basically using the training ground as a free gym to go through the motions in.

Last autumn -yes, it is that long ago, I put on a post expressing disappointment that the club stressed that he needs to get fit, as I would have expected that this was taken as read. Response at the time was mixed - some said he is only human and we all make mistakes, and others agreed with me saying that he is well paid and should be fit. I doubt that anyone now would now say that we are all human etc and need sympathy. I am NOT blowing my own trumpet, by the way, just that this saga has gone on so long -not sure if I have ever come across this to the same disgraceful extent with the Albion before. I assume that if he turns up for training, does what he is told, plays the odd match for the Development Team, etc, then he has fulfilled the requirements of his contract and there is nothing the club can do. Perhaps they have tried to buy him off, but he has lasted out 18 months, so why not go for the whole dosh for a further 6, as opposed to a compromise pay-out?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Sack him now and give the FANS the free pies instead.

The only talent we have seen from him is high grade Piss Taking.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Surely there must be something in his contract about being fit. Surely he just can't sit around for a whole season unfit and refusing to make what seems like any effort. Must be breach of contract.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
B5klt1-CYAEXIWb.jpg

Caption competition ?

Hi, my name's Kemy and I'm a useless fat c*nt who's stealing a living.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Surely there must be something in his contract about being fit. Surely he just can't sit around for a whole season unfit and refusing to make what seems like any effort. Must be breach of contract.

Yes, you would think so, but of course the definition of "fit" is subjective. He would say that he was, as he plays when requested to do so. I am sure that he is making an effort of sorts and then presumably he can't be done for breach of contract. All very frustrating.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Chris Hughton isn't the first manager we've had to say he's not fit enough. Oscar certainly did.

I'm not usually someone who slags players off, but this guy is just a tub of lard that needs to get out of our club.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
In a ranking of players I have seen wear the stripes since my first game in 1970, he is at the bottom.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes, you would think so, but of course the definition of "fit" is subjective. He would say that he was, as he plays when requested to do so. I am sure that he is making an effort of sorts and then presumably he can't be done for breach of contract. All very frustrating.
I don't know if he's been mentioned on this thread elsewhere or not (and as I'm using Tapatalk I've no inclination to go looking) but there seem to some parallels between Kemy and a certain Winston Bogarde, previously of Chelsea.

They tried everything to convince him (Bogarde) to leave but he refused to go, instead doing everything the club asked of him, however pointless, to ensure that he couldn't be sacked and would still get the wages. There are a variety of write ups on t'interweb covering the whole saga, well worth a read.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't know if he's been mentioned on this thread elsewhere or not (and as I'm using Tapatalk I've no inclination to go looking) but there seem to some parallels between Kemy and a certain Winston Bogarde, previously of Chelsea.

They tried everything to convince him (Bogarde) to leave but he refused to go, instead doing everything the club asked of him, however pointless, to ensure that he couldn't be sacked and would still get the wages. There are a variety of write ups on t'interweb covering the whole saga, well worth a read.

Many thanks. That name certainly rings a bell.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Many thanks. That name certainly rings a bell.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did, he's probably the best example there is player who cared solely about the wages. Most people seem familiar with his story, if not his name.

In comparison, Kemy is but a mere amateur in the waster stakes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's gone beyond that, we have no chance of someone taking him off our hands in his current state. His presence at the club will be a distraction and is no example to younger players. Pay him his full contract up and get him out. Burke's gone now anyway so there's no ones's blushes to save.

Or of course you could argue that keeping him here is a punishment. I don't buy that at all.

If everything we believe top be is true then nobody would take him but I still don't see why the club should play him 100%. On the other hand I didn't necessarily understand he was turning up to "training" ... I guess I assumed he was being paid but not allowed to do anything.

Punishment? Not really, but if he's taking the pi$$ then (if I were employing him) I wouldn't let him off lightly if he wasn't going to do some sort of deal

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If everything we believe top be is true then nobody would take him but I still don't see why the club should play him 100%. On the other hand I didn't necessarily understand he was turning up to "training" ... I guess I assumed he was being paid but not allowed to do anything.

Punishment? Not really, but if he's taking the pi$$ then (if I were employing him) I wouldn't let him off lightly if he wasn't going to do some sort of deal

Cutting our nose off to spite our face. Pay him off, get rid of him, learn from the experience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I mean seriously, what kind of catastrophic KNOBBER starts their day by tweeting "Good morning Europe" ?

:facepalm:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How disgusted would you be as a manager turning up at a new club midway through the season to find a player not even fit enough to be considered for the team. And no he's not injured, he's been training as his (various) tweets confirm.

Pathetic "professional" who has fleeced an absolute fortune from this club. As his contracts up in June, if it was up to me, I'd pay him up and bin him off right now. Pointless having him still hanging around the place when he's basically using the training ground as a free gym to go through the motions in.

You would like to think that the arrival of a new manager might inspire Kemy to try and impress Hughton. After all Hyypia gave him a brief chance. It speaks volumes that there have been positions in midfield up for grabs most of this season but he didn't take his chance.

Maybe there is a genuine underlying injury or illness that we are unaware of - but there is little to suggest this, other than an eating disorder or attitude problem (sorry that's out of order :whistle:).

If Kemy has a clean bill of health and hasn't been putting in a proper shift then I'm somewhat surprised that the Club hasn't taken the 'performance management' route with him, especially as it likes to do things 'properly'. Maybe the Club has, but strictly behind closed doors.

I can't see his contract being renewed, and can't see too many Clubs queuing up to sign him, so he can probably look forward to enjoying even more downtime lounging on his sofa while reflecting who is going to subsidise his future lifestyle.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You would like to think that the arrival of a new manager might inspire Kemy to try and impress Hughton. After all Hyypia gave him a brief chance. It speaks volumes that there have been positions in midfield up for grabs most of this season but he didn't take his chance.

Maybe there is a genuine underlying injury or illness that we are unaware of - but there is little to suggest this, other than an eating disorder or attitude problem (sorry that's out of order :whistle:).

If Kemy has a clean bill of health and hasn't been putting in a proper shift then I'm somewhat surprised that the Club hasn't taken the 'performance management' route with him, especially as it likes to do things 'properly'. Maybe the Club has, but strictly behind closed doors.

I can't see his contract being renewed, and can't see too many Clubs queuing up to sign him, so he can probably look forward to enjoying even more downtime lounging on his sofa while reflecting who is going to subsidise his future lifestyle.

He's probably sitting on a cool few million from his football career, unless he spent it all on £300 t-shirts which is distinctly possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here