Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He has to easily be our worst signing ever in terms of money spent on wages and contribution, even Harley scored 1 or 2 goals. And we managed to get rid of him early.

I can't see any team offering a new contract to him, his career is surely done.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But was that not the case in the summer when SH took over? he played at Leeds in August did he not.
Yes. He did ok as well. Both managers have given him a chance early on, and he's done ok; however, both also stopped letting him get anywhere near the first team squad within about 3 weeks. He's clearly got issues.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I can't see him suiting new team either and would personally ditch him even for 85-90% up front of remaining contract.

Part of me thinks given that commitment though they will leave him as a 'what if' for injury crisis or suspensions etc. Probably only a couple of week's wages difference you are ecentially getting his waste of space ass for 6 months for a couple weeks pay with that thinking

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty sure he is currently injured, who knows how long for though

Injured? How on earth did he get injured? He doesn't do anything.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree with BW... at least the sentiment of the post. Of course he is no idiot though, earning huge wages not doing a lot whilst running a modelling business in Miami. Taking us for a ride

If you equate income with intelligence then I guess he is not an idiot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has to easily be our worst signing ever in terms of money spent on wages and contribution, even Harley scored 1 or 2 goals. And we managed to get rid of him early.

I can't see any team offering a new contract to him, his career is surely done.

I think the only offer he'll get after he is released is from Whitehawk. £2k a week is better than nothing.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its always amazed me how so many naff players seem to pull the wool over managers eyes and consistently get contracts when they are persistently shite at every club they pass through. These type of players are parasites and ideally, there should be a clause for clubs to get rid of players with poor attitude. How you judge or indeed implement that clause is something I have no answer to. In any normal job, you would be on three warnings then probably sacked. Sadly, most parasitic players also have parasitic agents who would never agree to such a clause. The answer is for clubs to do their homework better in order to prevent waste of spaces slipping through the net.

Fortunately we had a director of football operations at Brighton who made sure that no wasters slipp......Oh?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
You would think the only chance players with a poor reputation get would be to be paid by the game so they would have to buckle down or not get paid?

Its always amazed me how so many naff players seem to pull the wool over managers eyes and consistently get contracts when they are persistently shite at every club they pass through. These type of players are parasites and ideally, there should be a clause for clubs to get rid of players with poor attitude. How you judge or indeed implement that clause is something I have no answer to. In any normal job, you would be on three warnings then probably sacked. Sadly, most parasitic players also have parasitic agents who would never agree to such a clause. The answer is for clubs to do their homework better in order to prevent waste of spaces slipping through the net.

Fortunately we had a director of football operations at Brighton who made sure that no wasters slipp......Oh?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, it does seem very odd and intensely frustrating for the paying customer, though perhaps no different to a few individuals in any workplace with little shame. I would presume that he trains Ok and dies what he is told, so as to avoid disciplinary action, and so long as he holds his head above water, then he will get away with it, presumably. Yes, it does seem odd that we did not know about him prior to coming here -perhaps (I think it was?) Swansea were able to mislead Burke . . . .Or perhaps he was the model professional there?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A Swansea fan I worked with thought he was good and Orlandi was a waste of space when we got them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He had attitude probs at Swansea too. Burke error IMHO.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would make him redundant.

His position of useless runt no longer exists.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
What I fail to see is that some of our fans have apparently seen that he has undoubted talent. I have seen nothing except some self acclaimed "baller" on twitter.
Baller schmaller.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What I fail to see is that some of our fans have apparently seen that he has undoubted talent. I have seen nothing except some self acclaimed "baller" on twitter.
Baller schmaller.

Did you not see very intermittent touches of quality when he actually played for us oh so infrequently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here