Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon given permission to build new stadium at Plough Lane

Feb 14, 2010
Very pleased for them. Probably the only club in the country who had is worse than we did. Identity, league position and club stolen from them. It will be a great asset to that part of the London as well.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is the same question we had to answer a few years back. Why do the Albion need a 30,000 seater stadium for their 5,000 supporters?
So our history is based around the withdean?
Didn't realise we spent nearly 100 years of getting 5k crowds???
In Brighton we've only averaged 5k 4 times in our history and two of those were in a 6k capacity withdean and were 5800/5900.
While Wimbledon have always had a history of small crowds even in the top flight.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Feb 14, 2010
In Brighton we've only averaged 5k 4 times in our history and two of those were in a 6k capacity withdean and were 5800/5900.
While Wimbledon have always had a history of small crowds even in the top flight.

I wouldnt bother, some people dont understand this club and never will. We spent 100 years pretty much playing lower league football and getting bigger gates than our peers in each division despite being shit. Also many years getting bigger gates than successful clubs, but some will always throw Gillingham and Withdean, somehow thinking we should be getting 30000 when playing 140 miles round trip away from home to lose to Hartlepool in the bottom tier of football. When someone has logic like that then you know its not worth the bother.

As for Wimbledon they were a good non league club at Wimbledon who rose into the league. A great story and a locals club. The only club who had it worse than us.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

I wouldnt bother, some people dont understand this club and never will. We spent 100 years pretty much playing lower league football and getting bigger gates than our peers in each division despite being shit. Also many years getting bigger gates than successful clubs, but some will always throw Gillingham and Withdean, somehow thinking we should be getting 30000 when playing 140 miles round trip away from home to lose to Hartlepool in the bottom tier of football. When someone has logic like that then you know its not worth the bother.

As for Wimbledon they were a good non league club at Wimbledon who rose into the league. A great story and a locals club. The only club who had it worse than us.

I never said that the question was a reasonable one. I'm just reporting that it was thrown at the Club throughout the campaign to get permission for Falmer. I rate it as boneheaded as the allegation thrown at Dick Knight that all our problems arose from the decision of the Club to sell the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here