Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens (least bad) Man of the Match

Who was your Man of the Match against AEK Athens?

• Steele

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • van Hecke

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Igor

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Estupinan

• Groß

Votes: 25 9.7%
  • Gilmour

Votes: 69 26.6%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Fati

• Mitoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pedro

Votes: 103 39.8%
  • Lamptey

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Went for Igor. Thought he had a good game and could not of been easy for him having to play a fuĺl 90mins in such a high profile game rather then a gradual introduction into team.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Gross and Gilmour for me. Gross looked to be getting pretty annoyed with the lack of movement in front of him.

Pedro took the pens nicely but otherwise should have squared to Mitoma and don't get me started on those totally unnecessary fancy Dan flicks! :(

Never thought I'd ever say this but of a pretty poor bunch Mitoma stunk the place out. Went asleep on the first goal, dribbled with his head down in a crowd too often and gave ball away on third goal.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Was a difficult choice but went for Gilmour, like others found Pedro's flicks infuriating, Welbeck used to do that but seems to have had that drilled out of him.

I could be wrong but didn't every AEK goal stem from a bad touch or mistake from one of or players. (especially the winner which came at a time when we were bang on top)

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Bizarre. I thought he was crap.

He was far from perfect but won and scored two penalties and should have had an assist with the cross Igor somehow missed from. It felt like he was our only goal threat.

Mitoma and March were absolutely awful, Fati definitely isn't up to speed with how we play so wasn't much better. Gilmour was crowded out of the game and Gross was off form. The less said about the defence the better.

Not sure who else you could give it to?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted Solly, though Pedro played well but faded, so an admirable second for me. Solly was on it the whole game. Surprised to see so many votes for Billy. Thought he had a bad game I'm afraid.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted Igor too - thought it was a fabulous debut - great prospect
Very good on the ball. Not so sure he can defend though. Made me wonder if he could play holding midfield better actually.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Blimey, I didn't think EVERYONE had a stinker, but then I've missed all the glorious football we've been playing :(

Steele - didn't do a lot wrong. Unlucky with the third goal
Milner - looked like a hasbeen
Van Hecke - said at half time he seems to have two modes f***ing great or f***ing shite, last night was the latter.
Igor - did ok but looks like he has the turning circle of a wheely bin
Pervis - can't think of a worse performance by him since he's been here
Gross - managed the team well and between him, Pedro and Gillmore probably the only ones who could say they weren't bad.
Gillmore - see above
March - forgot he was even playing
Fati - see above - when he did get the ball he looks MILES off the pace
Mitoma - not his night, nothing seem to come off for him
Pedro - looked lively all night and was genuinely pissed off to be brought off. Just play the simple ball though man!
Lamptey - did ok but did seem like a bit of a headless chicken at times

As I said one to draw a line through and move on.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I voted Pedro as he won and scored both pens even if his all round play wasn't all that. On another day, he's nowhere near on that performance

Gilmour came 2nd. He was brilliant on the 2nd pen, taking the pressure off Pedro who was getting grief from their keeper until Billy stepped in, told him to do one, protected the penalty spot and allow João to get back in the zone. That kind of team behaviour is under rated.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Blimey think I must have been watching a different game to whoever voted for Pervis or March. Perv is usually Mr Consistency but was dreadful last night. I lost count how many times he gave the ball away. I'd forgotten March was playing until he was on the wing in front of me the second half.

Slightly unfair to single those two out given everyone had a stinker. Think we need to write it off as one of those games and move on.
Agree, Pervis's worse game for us imo.
Pedro MoM , he won two pens and scored them. Should have scored another, but hey ho

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He was far from perfect but won and scored two penalties and should have had an assist with the cross Igor somehow missed from. It felt like he was our only goal threat.

Mitoma and March were absolutely awful, Fati definitely isn't up to speed with how we play so wasn't much better. Gilmour was crowded out of the game and Gross was off form. The less said about the defence the better.

Not sure who else you could give it to?
He took his penalties well but gave the ball away so many times. As you say though, I'm not sure who else to give it to as everyone was pretty poor. Gilmour best of a bad bunch for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
90min give it to Pedro...

CF: Joao Pedro - 7/10 - Won the penalties, scored the penalties. Etched into Brighton history. Hold-up play was a little hectic, though needed more support from the wingers in order to play their fluid system more effectively.

...notable mention for JPvH...

CB: Jan Paul van Hecke - 3/10 - Oafish and clumsy from the off. Swiped and missed a crucial interception for AEK's second goal, did little to help Lamptey for the third.

Generous with a 3. His ONE moment was blocking a close shot at the South Stand end, after yet more non existent defending from us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here