Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens (least bad) Man of the Match

Who was your Man of the Match against AEK Athens?

• Steele

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • van Hecke

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Igor

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Estupinan

• Groß

Votes: 25 9.7%
  • Gilmour

Votes: 69 26.6%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Fati

• Mitoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pedro

Votes: 103 39.8%
  • Lamptey

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Blimey think I must have been watching a different game to whoever voted for Pervis or March. Perv is usually Mr Consistency but was dreadful last night. I lost count how many times he gave the ball away. I'd forgotten March was playing until he was on the wing in front of me the second half.

Slightly unfair to single those two out given everyone had a stinker. Think we need to write it off as one of those games and move on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey think I must have been watching a different game to whoever voted for Pervis or March. Perv is usually Mr Consistency but was dreadful last night. I lost count how many times he gave the ball away. I'd forgotten March was playing until he was on the wing in front of me the second half.

Slightly unfair to single those two out given everyone had a stinker. Think we need to write it off as one of those games and move on.
That's what marks it for me as a truly bad day in the office as our two Mr Dependables - Estupinan and Groß - had games as bad as I can remember.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Giving Joao Pedro a rating for last night's performance is really difficult. In almost any circumstance, if a forward wins two penalties, and from those scores your only two goals of a game - you're giving the bloke a nine.

But honestly - he really wasn't very good last night.

He had that massive two-on-one chance at 2-2 that might well have won us the game, if instead of hitting it at the keeper's legs, he'd scored, or just squared it to Mitoma to tap into an open goal.

And what was with the f***ing STUPID f***ing FLICKS, all night? He literally gave the ball away FIVE times before the 50th minute, by trying to pull off an entirely unnecessary fancy flick, when a simple lay-off was all that was required, to keep the move progressing. Utterly infuriating.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd forgotten Fati was playing until he missed a late chance. Has he got a can't-be-subbed clause in his contract, I wonder?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Gone for Pedro, purely for winning both penalties and taking them very cooly.

The rest of his game was mixed - some great stuff, but sometimes trying too hard. Also very disappointed he took the shot for the 3rd when Mitoma had an open goal.

But no-one else stood out.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Clearly Gross. He did make some mistakes near the end, due to tiredness I think, but otherwise had a great all-round game and on another day would have scored a couple.

Also think Pedro had his best match for us. He got some abuse near me for trying a few too many tricks, but I like his confidence and flair. And if we ever wondered who would be our ice-cool penalty taker after Ali Mac, well now we know.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I didn't even notice Pervis on the pitch, can't recall his name mentioned in the commentary either.
In a way it’s good not to notice certain players if they’re just quietly getting on with their job. Pervis is one of my favourite Albion players but actually stood out last night because he was so uncharacteristically bad. Really unfortunate as we needed someone of his ability to bolster the defence and push up into attack. No shortage of effort but he seemed to misplace every pass.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Probably should have voted for Gilmour but chose Pedro for his balls of steel with the two penalties.

Mitoma was the worst of the lot for me.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Pedro ,worst between Milner when on,mitoma and clear by a mile van hecke

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Personally thought Gilmour was the best but it was tough to say- Pedro did get the goals which is a positive as despite our poor performance they kept us in the match, but think he was a tad sloppy with Fati.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly Gross. He did make some mistakes near the end, due to tiredness I think, but otherwise had a great all-round game and on another day would have scored a couple.

Also think Pedro had his best match for us. He got some abuse near me for trying a few too many tricks, but I like his confidence and flair. And if we ever wondered who would be our ice-cool penalty taker after Ali Mac, well now we know.
I agree, but voted for Pascal.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably should have voted for Gilmour but chose Pedro for his balls of steel with the two penalties.

Mitoma was the worst of the lot for me.
One of his poorest games for us. Their defence had clearly dobe their homework though and didnt give him any space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here