Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
All I'm hoping for is that we do not lose.

And also...
:needpics:
20231130_105848.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Here's my starting line up:

Steele
Veltman, Igor, Dunk, Milner
Dahoud, Gross
Mitoma, Lallana, Adingra
Ferguson

Subs: Verbruggen, Hinshelwood, Gilmour, Baleba, Buonanotte, Pedro, Chouchane, Jackson, Duffus

I've gone for the most experienced heads available, with the expectation that Pedro, Gilmour, Baleba, Hinsh and Buonanotte will play a part in the second half. Here's hoping :cool::bloom:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Here's my starting line up:

Steele
Veltman, Igor, Dunk, Milner
Dahoud, Gross
Mitoma, Lallana, Adingra
Ferguson

Subs: Verbruggen, Hinshelwood, Gilmour, Baleba, Buonanotte, Pedro, Chouchane, Jackson, Duffus

I've gone for the most experienced heads available, with the expectation that Pedro, Gilmour, Baleba, Hinsh and Buonanotte will play a part in the second half. Here's hoping :cool::bloom:
I get experience, but I worry about defending against pace - bar Mitoma and Adringra that is a slow side.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Hoping for a Dunk-Igor masterclass in smashing their attacks to pieces and building a wave of devastating attacks from the back, linking up with Gross and Dahoud to release Mitoma and Adingra to lay a hatfull of tap-ins on a plate for Ferguson.
0-4, hattrick for Ferguson and a colossal, thumping header from Anthony Taylor's nemesis.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I get experience, but I worry about defending against pace - bar Mitoma and Adringra that is a slow side.
I don't disagree but to my mind it would be a big risk chucking in, say, Hinshelwood at left back. Dahoud's definitely playing, given the Premier League ban coming up, and we HAVE to play Pascal for so many reasons, so not sure there's room for Baleba in the midfield. I guess switching Lallana for Pedro would bring more pace up front, but we need some game-changing options on the bench and he's pretty much it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Google Translate tool makes that forum appear mildly insane.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:banana:

Our eyes will see the best team that has stepped on the Temple. Modestly and humbly.. Brighton were AMAZING inside Nottingham, the depth of their squad is proving capable of erasing the smudges of absences.

They are one of the best teams in the world, as we saw clearly in the first leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here