Kick-off: 17:45 GMT
Referee: Sandro Schärer 🇨🇭
Assistants: Bekim Zogaj 🇨🇭, Jonas Erni 🇨🇭
Fourth Official: Johannes von Mandach 🇨🇭
VAR: Lukas Fähndrich 🇨🇭
Additional VAR: Lionel Tschudi 🇨🇭
UEFA Referee Observer: Stefano Podeschi 🇸🇲
UEFA Delegate: David McDowell Zor 🇸🇮

Brighton's Ansu Fati and Tariq Lamptey will both be "out for a long time" as the Seagulls prepare to face AEK Athens in a crucial Europa League match on Thursday.

Albion will reach the Europa League knockout stages with a win.

They are second in Group B with two matches remaining and are three points above the Greek champions in third.

"Fati and Lamptey are injured. We have lost them for a long time I think," said Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi.

The pair were substituted in Brighton's 3-2 victory over Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

But De Zerbi did confirm defender Igor Julio would return to the squad after missing last weekend's game.

"The focus is on the players who can play tomorrow," he added.

"We will have to compete. I don't know if we will win, but we will fight to win the game for sure."

Roberto De Zerbi and Joao Pedro's AEK Athens Press Conference

Last edited:

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Game day, it makes me happy! Will be interesting to see the line up, AEK were quite quick on the break at the Amex so whoever plays at LB it will be some 90+ minutes. A 1-0 win will be perfect!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If we draw with AEK today, they beat Ajax and we lose to Marseille, whatever the goal differences AEK would go through based on head-to-head.
That’s understood but not the answer to the question 🤣

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With Big Philly in attack and Big Philly at the back
Brightons going to win the Europa League

Had to be in the James Joyce last night to appreciate that.
I’ve never met the man but have seen his exploits on Twitter from time to time. Apparently he over did it the night before and sounds like it’s happened again

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
OK, let's try an alternative answer:

"No, it's a lot more complicated than that. There are still several different permutations which could arise from the next two sets of games, and all four teams are still capable of qualifying for the next round."
Yep, it'll be clearer after today's games but whatever we do avoiding a loss is the most important thing tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here