Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
None, or maybe one fella off to the right, who clearly got out of his bed on the wrong side, yesterday morning.

Barber-Out will point to the extreme provocation and the fact that 99.9% of us were model customers.
The .1% will be quietly forgotten about.
Never going to be none, he will see an opportunity and go for it. Can't resist it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1701437656685.png

Nicks

I was in the lower tier concourse when it went off and the air was thick with it. I can still taste it this morning. I can’t believe that just blew in from outside, they must have fired it in the concourse somewhere.
If that was fired inside you would have had worse effects.
It was from the outside as from my former military life that was nothing more than a small whiff of what it really feels like to breathe in CS Gas.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Boy we were poor last night and rode our luck, but who cares we ground out the 3 pts.
We were but credit to AEK for that, and given the injuries it was the sort of performance that before De Zerbi would have ended in a humiliating defeat. The team spirit is amazing.

I fully expect us to lose to Chelsea too and look forward to the entitled meltdown on here from some if we do :smile:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Given how bad the effects of the tear gas was in the stand, hate to think what it like if you got the full effect

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not really playing it down here - as you say it was still pretty unpleasant and several people were quite visibly distressed/affected even in the upper tier.......feel for anyone with respiratory problems in particular as it would have been horrible - my throat was burning.
Ditto.

On upper tier but near blocked exit where it was wafting in. Coppers put masks on, we next to them had no way out.

Had face in t-shirt and hands cupped over eyes.

A young lad about 10 was taken out crying like crazy. Not a pleasant end to an otherwise fantastic trip overall.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So, I'm slightly ashamed to say i still don't actually know who this guy is. I mean, i see him a lot, and he looks fun, but who exactly is he?

Vincenzo Teresa, first team athletic coach and also known for playing Gregg Wallace on Masterchef.

Edit - boo, see the joke has already been made several times, thats what you get for replying before reading the rest of the thread properly.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Probably fixtures but whichever next stage we go through to, are they going to be home and away, or just a straight match with (I guess) extra time and pens?

I don't know why but I've found it hard to get my head around some of the EL malarkey, head-to-head trumping GD, all that sort of stuff...

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
None, or maybe one fella off to the right, who clearly got out of his bed on the wrong side, yesterday morning.

Barber-Out will point to the extreme provocation and the fact that 99.9% of us were model customers.
The .1% will be quietly forgotten about.
Was a few rows behind… long of the short of it one of his group was punched on the sly when an Athens fan reached round and tried to steal their banner, before full-time
Think he then also took a pint glass of water in the face

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Probably fixtures but whichever next stage we go through to, are they going to be home and away, or just a straight match with (I guess) extra time and pens?

I don't know why but I've found it hard to get my head around some of the EL malarkey, head-to-head trumping GD, all that sort of stuff...
two legged knock out

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Was a few rows behind… long of the short of it one of his group was punched on the sly when an Athens fan reached round and tried to steal their banner, before full-time
Think he then also took a pint glass of water in the face
I took the contents of one plastic beaker right in the face.

I'm not entirely sure it was water contained therein, and have just put all of my clothing on for a nice wash.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Two legs in every round except for the final. No away goals rule so extra time and penalties at the end of the second leg if scores are level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here