Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice please NSC regarding my sons school

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ask the kids who took part in the P.E the time. If they are foolish enough to take something that did not belong to them they may be foolish enough to wear it to school.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems to me you've been quite reasonable, perhaps ask again for a refund and if they refuse tell them you'll take them to a small claims court. I don't think they've got a leg to stand on if the circumstances are as stated.

Good luck anyway.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Probably a last resort, but the local paper ( I presume the herald ) love stories like this, the schools hate stories like this.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No 'two boys watches for sale' thread started yet, I'm amazed.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Ask the kids who took part in the P.E the time. If they are foolish enough to take something that did not belong to them they may be foolish enough to wear it to school.

i'm in brum TANFC so they will have it round their leg to look like they are tagged. (No offence to any brummies on here).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
thanks goldstone, just spoke to the better half as she took the call from the school. the offer was £25 without prejudice (sp?). is that basically saying that here's 25 quid and shut the ffff up as we are not admitting any guilt?

Yes, that's exactly what that's saying, unfortunately. Just because that's what they're offering doesn't mean you have to accept it, ofc...

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Go chase an ambulance, if its a private school go for them, if its a state school, sh1t happens they probably have enough to worry about. Listen to you lot going on about suing a bloody school you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Send the kids to school and let them learn, lesson 1 if its nickable it will get lifted, sadly an indictment on society but there we go, 99.99 % of kids are great, your sons watch got lifted by the kid with problems whose parents, if he has any, will lie through their teeth if he gets caught and say he found it on the field or some such bollocks.

Move on and if you think you can live with yourself take the 25 quid, after all you got rights!!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Go chase an ambulance, if its a private school go for them, if its a state school, sh1t happens they probably have enough to worry about. Listen to you lot going on about suing a bloody school you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Send the kids to school and let them learn, lesson 1 if its nickable it will get lifted, sadly an indictment on society but there we go, 99.99 % of kids are great, your sons watch got lifted by the kid with problems whose parents, if he has any, will lie through their teeth if he gets caught and say he found it on the field or some such bollocks.

Move on and if you think you can live with yourself take the 25 quid, after all you got rights!!

why thank you DGMS for your wisdom. remind me not to ask you to look after my watch.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you have £80 and you put it into safe keeping, after being told, then surely you would not expect £25 back. Surely name tags should be put around valuables so that the right person gets the right valuables back.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Lessons to be learned all round....

For the school - have a better system in place for expensive items.

For you - don't buy your son an £80 watch for school that he may have to relinquish.

As has been said, sh1t happens. The school has better things to be doing than be put in charge of looking after £80 watches during games. At least take responsibility for the fact you've burdened that upon them. An offer of £25 seems reasonable. Now go buy him a cheap but nice looking Casio watch that you don't have to worry about if he loses it.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
too logical soulman, too logical for barr beacon language school anyway.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

For you - don't buy your son an £80 watch for school that he may have to relinquish.

As has been said, sh1t happens. The school has better things to be doing than be put in charge of looking after £80 watches during games. At least take responsibility for the fact you've burdened that upon them. An offer of £25 seems reasonable. Now go buy him a cheap but nice looking Casio watch that you don't have to worry about if he loses it.

Yeah, go and buy a £5 watch and get it nicked after placing it in what you thought was safe keeping......then get an offer of £1-50 compensation for it. :down:

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Life is a series of small irritations, take action hampden park. Go into school and walk out with one of their tellies or something, tell them you'll look after it.....you know the rest.

D

Deleted member 2719

I hate thieving pikeys, but taking a £80 watch to school seems 'asking for it'. Perhaps i am old fashion, but i would have to put it down to experience.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

lessons have been learnt G.R. "my son will not leave anything with the staff at his school as it gets handed out willy nilly by staff/helpers/volunteers etc."

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
too logical soulman, too logical for barr beacon language school anyway.
The fact that his watch was placed in what should be a safe place, on the advice of a teacher i presume, means that your son should be fully compensated.
I hope you press for the full amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here