Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adrian Mazilu

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone been keeping an eye on hims before he arrives in Jan?
His Transfermarkt stats would indicate that his goals, assists and minutes have dried up since the beginning of the season.

Like March, he is a skilled and pacy left footed winger. With the former surely out until at least the end of the season, we have to be sure that this lad is 1st team ready if we are giving him March’s role in the squad which we must surely fill next month if we are to aim for top 6 and cup success.

I think he might be too young and too raw this January if he is not scoring and assisting regularly at a much lower level than the EPL. He needs to be performing like Enciso did prior to joining us - plenty of great performances and goals etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
His Transfermarkt stats would indicate that his goals, assists and minutes have dried up since the beginning of the season.

Like March, he is a skilled and pacy left footed winger. With the former surely out until at least the end of the season, we have to be sure that this lad is 1st team ready if we are giving him March’s role in the squad which we must surely fill next month if we are to aim for top 6 and cup success.

I think he might be too young and too raw this January if he is not scoring and assisting regularly at a much lower level than the EPL. He needs to be performing like Enciso did prior to joining us - plenty of great performances and goals etc.
I have my doubts as to whether he can play many minutes in the PL this season. We'll see.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Seventeen is very young to be playing at this level. Surely he was bought to go via the academy rather than straight to the first team

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ok. That doesn't radically alter my point
We are seeing more and more teenagers signing and linking up with the first team. The pool of youngsters we are looking at now are at a level where age isn’t necessarily a barrier and it will be how they cope and adapt to training with the first team that ultimately decides on the path they are put on. There is no reason to suggest this lad won’t be given the same chances players like Goodnight, Enciso, Baleba and Ayari were first given.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I get the impression he has not developed much since we signed him. Loan or U21s for him. We’ve another few weeks to sort.

Yeah, guess the obvious assumption is that we are trying to arrange a loan for him, perhaps staying at his current club, and will announce then. If we wanted him in first team squad he would have turned up on January 1st.

Fair enough though, he's still very young.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeah, guess the obvious assumption is that we are trying to arrange a loan for him, perhaps staying at his current club, and will announce then. If we wanted him in first team squad he would have turned up on January 1st.

Fair enough though, he's still very young.
Got to say i'm quite surprised we don't want to look at him in the u23's for a few months before making a decision on his best pathway

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Google Chrome can translate this for you. Not much to see, just an article suggesting he needs an intermediate step as he isn't ready for the premier league. Ciprian Marica quoted is a former footballer and a minority shareholder in Farul Constanța (Mazilu's current club), so may have some inside knowledge on the next steps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here