Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adrian Mazilu

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looks like we’re on the verge of signing one of Romanias brightest prospects. A forward, 17 years that’s come through Hagi’s academy. Apparently there’s slight details to finalise but the intention is to get the deal done, and loan him back for 6 months / until he’s 18.

Fee is around 8m euros. Apparently we beat Palace to the signing.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thus, after it was written about the interest of Crystal Palace , now Brighton seems to be in pole-position, and Roberto De Zerbi's team would have already taken the first steps.

Specifically, Brighton and Farul have reached an agreement in principle regarding the transfer of Adrian Mazilu, Playsport announces . At the moment, the two sides are putting together the last details related to the future of the footballer, who would be left under the command of Gică Hagi for another 6 months or even a year.

The cited source does not mention a transfer amount, but, as digisport.ro announced last week, Farul Constanța wants approximately 8 million euros in exchange for Adrian Mazilu, one of the most promising Romanian footballers of the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Used by Hagi on the right of attack, Mazilu takes inspiration from Messi's movements and dreams high. He would like to play for FC Barcelona.

"Barcelona is my favorite team and Messi is my idol. I've been watching them since I was very young, I like their style. Now they have a young team but also some experienced players. I hope to get to play there myself someday. God help! Thanks to Messi I liked Barcelona. I had Messi shirts, I wore them everywhere, both outside and in the house. I hope to follow in his footsteps", said Mazilu.

Although the Catalan giants are his favorite club, Mazilu believes that the Premier League suits his qualities best: "I could see myself in the Premier League. That's where I think I fit in best. I like Barcelona and I would like to play for my favorite club abroad, but the Premier League is a tougher league with more intensity and I think I would like the pace the most."

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Farul is also the team that Tudor Baluta currently plays for, so even though things did not work out well for him with us I would expect it’s likely he probably put a good word in for us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Farul is also the team that Tudor Baluta currently plays for, so even though things did not work out well for him with us I would expect it’s likely he probably put a good word in for us.
Maybe he told him that you can go there, pretend to be injured and sit in Romania for a couple of years, pick up a tidy wedge, then work on your career afterwards

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks like we’re on the verge of signing one of Romanias brightest prospects. A forward, 17 years that’s come through Hagi’s academy. Apparently there’s slight details to finalise but the intention is to get the deal done, and loan him back for 6 months / until he’s 18.

Fee is around 8m euros. Apparently we beat Palace to the signing.

Eco friendly too as he is an electric forward.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well even if he didn't, what young kid with any ambition wouldn't like to play in the EPL?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Well even if he didn't, what young kid with any ambition wouldn't like to play in the EPL?
Yes, but alongside Palace he was being followed closely by Fiorentina, AS Roma & Bologna amongst others.

Many are saying he’s “the future of Romanian football”.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thus, after it was written about the interest of Crystal Palace , now Brighton seems to be in pole-position, and Roberto De Zerbi's team would have already taken the first steps.
Not sure if that sentence will carry on with so an so begatting so and so or "Ref your letter dated 26-June"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here