GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who does the Catering at Tottenham?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No, I don't think they have. Like you, the only problem I've had was when I was once given the wrong pie. The queues can be frustrating, but surely it's still going to be the case with new caterers? I feel a little bit of this is down to the moaning minnies - personally can't see any new company doing any better.

That's the point though. I'm pretty sure they can do better. MUCH better. Be quicker. Train staff. Better organisation. Those things will reduce the queues (biggest problem IMO) and make the club more money!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The local pies and local beer are an integral part of the experience for many, especially the pies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last season: c750 matchday diners.
This season c250 matchday diners.

(750 - 250) * 23 * £40 = £460,000 for a start.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
No, I don't think they have. Like you, the only problem I've had was when I was once given the wrong pie. The queues can be frustrating, but surely it's still going to be the case with new caterers? I feel a little bit of this is down to the moaning minnies - personally can't see any new company doing any better.

Agreed. .. can the queues be helped? I would say from experience working in a bar in a venue, no. This won't change.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Christ on a bike people were moaning for months about the catering and Azure and now they get what they want they start moaning again. At least wait and see what happens tomorrow. I have faith that they will keep the local produce as I am sure they are aware that going to mass produce crap with be commerical suicide - they are aware how many beers and pies we put away in comparision to other clubs so why shoot the goose that lays the golden egg, you never know they might bring in more local produce.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shows what a load of nonsense that award thingy is. It was little more than some PR driven drivel; some of the categories were ludicrous.

The judges' and winners' statements...

What the judges said:
"It is clear that Azure spend time listening to the fans. Feedback is excellent and 80% of fans now purchase food and beverage at the ground on match days.”

Azure, the caterer at the newly constructed American Express Community Stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion FC, have the unenviable task of catering for the needs of upto 22,000 fans – from 5 public concourses, 9 members lounges, 14 executive boxes, 2 exclusive lounges; and standalone beerstations. Throughout their dealings Azure emphasis quality and innovation. For example on top of the seasonal 174,816 pints of local Harveys sold, they also offer one guest beer from the away fans' locality. Intelligent research led to flexibility in the 1901 bars allowing members to bring their family in for a relaxed pie and drink one week and offer formal corporate entertainment the next.

Azure pride themselves on locally sourced products, such as their unique and hugely popular pie, and their reasonable pricing. With an enviable average retail and transaction rates less than a minute per customer Azure are achieving double the average stadium food and beverage purchase. Enabling them to boost the club revenue an unexpected additional £1 million – not bad for a first season!

It's a breath-taking that Azure should claim all the credit for that.

I was told by the recently departed (from the club, not this mortal coil) Elliott Moore that if it was down to Azure, there would be Carlsberg Superpiss and Pukka Pies only at the stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed. .. can the queues be helped? I would say from experience working in a bar in a venue, no. This won't change.

I disagree. There is plenty of scope for speeding up kiosk sales.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope Brewdog get the new pouring rights. They will certainly rev the crowd up.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

This suggests it not us oiks with our pies and pints in the concourses, but more the sit down knife and fork brigade that it at the heart of the issue

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Exactly, many signed up for a full seasons worth of pre-match meals last season. After the disgrace that was called food last season, many of them decided not to take up the offer this season. A lot now go out in Brighton pre match for lunch with mates, then come to the stadium for the game and stick around after for a couple of beers.

Azure cocked this up, and it's about time they were slung out. I dare say a lot of the staff will still be there, who knows, the emergency caterers might actually teach them how to provide a service, how to pour a beer, hold a glass, count, operate a bottle opener (I kid you not), change a barrel etc. How they will deal with the meals remains to be seen, then again, if they can cook a couple of hundred lamb shanks in an indeterminate brown sauce, they'll probably do it better than Azure.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Christ on a bike people were moaning for months about the catering and Azure and now they get what they want they start moaning again. At least wait and see what happens tomorrow. I have faith that they will keep the local produce as I am sure they are aware that going to mass produce crap with be commerical suicide - they are aware how many beers and pies we put away in comparision to other clubs so why shoot the goose that lays the golden egg, you never know they might bring in more local produce.

This ! They have listened to us , now give them credit where it is due , it's a massive step but they want to do something about it , need to give them breathing space though so the new lot can get it right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I disagree. There is plenty of scope for speeding up kiosk sales.

What would help IMMENSELY is if there is actually some competant supervision on hand to help. What I've seen time and time again in the WSU concourse queues is one member of staff running into a problem with the till, being unable to resolve it, and so calling over another member of staff from another till to help sort it out. The result ? TWO massive queues getting held up to sort one problem out.

The level of training needs to improve, and the level of support on the job needs to be better.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Two things. What on earth is an Emergency Caterer and will a spot be found for the Burger man from the Station? ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest 2 ways to improve it.

1. Appoint a Catering Director with experience of event catering to appoint a manager and staff and do it in house with a newly formed sub company of BHAFC.
2. Operate a burger trailer outside of each stand ie 4 trailers as per Reading

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5329131 said:
This bit is a bit ambiguous, does it mean that Piglet's and Harveys are gone after the end of the season, or is it specifically relating to the caterer? Bit unclear...

I think he's talking about contract renewals with Piglet's pantry and Harveys. For all we know, they could bail out and not sign another contract. But he's reassuring us that they're still our main suppliers until the end of the season.

I wouldn't mind some Tuborg being bought in though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here