Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I am sure Barber will have some friends to offer the contract too. Azure are obviously pocketing more money than the Albion thought they would, and have therefore been given the heave ho, so the Albion can take more of the profit. Bearing in mind it will probably be the same customer facing staff, this is just a profit making exercise to pay for a new striker? Keep eating the pies - we'll all get very lardy but have a better strike force.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I very much doubt that Azure are clearing their desks today. I'm sure they have been relocating to Stamford Bridge over the last couple of weeks.

I agree with this.

I'm happy that the club have arrived at this decision, but the last home game was back on 6th November. If they'd binned Azure shortly after that, then they'd have had the thick end of 2 weeks to prepare for tomorrows game.

Was this email from Barber actually sent today, or was it just made public today ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5329131 said:
This bit is a bit ambiguous, does it mean that Piglet's and Harveys are gone after the end of the season, or is it specifically relating to the caterer? Bit unclear...

Most probably the caterer, cant see them binning Harveys and Piglets as the club will know how popular they are from the sales.

I highly doubt anything would change for the next 2 games, would have thought the "emergency caterer" would just observe how it all is before making changes for the Forest game.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

There is no way that could happen according to the letter. The local companies are a stated aim of the club, so that's not going to change.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ironically, I thought the service in the WSU had improved over the last 4 or 5 matches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree with this.

I'm happy that the club have arrived at this decision, but the last home game was back on 6th November. If they'd binned Azure shortly after that, then they'd have had the thick end of 2 weeks to prepare for tomorrows game.

Was this email from Barber actually sent today, or was it just made public today ?

I think ithis decision was made a while back. The 1901 revamp which started at the Brum game now looks like it was Azure's last chance to get it right.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Di Matteo, Hughes, Azure... everyone's getting the axe these days

And Gully's Girls apparently!:shrug:

A friend works for an agency that provided temp staff to Azure, they supplied 50 staff at the last home game. They also supply Arsenal, where the temp staff were asked to go in 3 hours early and get some training, Azure declined this offer and asked staff to turn up at the normal time..:facepalm:

AndyJD1611

Feb 4, 2012
Hassocks
Well this is a downer on my Friday.
I don't get to go to matches that often but when I do, I get down the the AMEX early and stay for a bit after the game in order to enjoy an amazing pie and pint of Harvey's! Can't see myself arriving early anymore for a pint of Carsberg and a soggy pasty!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It is easy for me to say given I know nothing of catering at such a large venue but I wonder if there’s scope for doing the catering in house, there are obviously kitchen facilities in the east stand already?

I think I’m right in saying we pay/paid Azure a flat rate for providing the ‘service’ so we must be missing out on vast sums of money in pies alone, the revenue from them must be approaching 40k per game!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a right (Eton) mess!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I'm guessing this means its going to be chaos tomorrow trying to get beer and pie?

Everyone better get there early then, so when I walk in at 2.40pm I can walk straight up to the counter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get to go to matches that often but when I do, I get down the the AMEX early and stay for a bit after the game in order to enjoy an amazing pie and pint of Harvey's! Can't see myself arriving early anymore for a pint of Carsberg and a soggy pasty!

While I think people are reading the letter wrong to assume carlsberg and pukka pies, even if that does happen, it's not going to be for a while. Cheer up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is no way that could happen according to the letter. The local companies are a stated aim of the club, so that's not going to change.

Paul Barber is ambiguous , the paragraph can be read 2 ways.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth

Read it again and you'll see pies and local products (Harvey's) will probably remain

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

Read the letter. Clearly the retrntion of local brands is central to the club's catering offer and is the one area winning brownie points with supporters.

The issues must be 1801 catering etc and concern that members wont renew and they wont fill the exrra boxes they have buikt in the south stand etc. Concourse catering is unlikely to be much enhanced whoever runs it. Short term I guess the college plus local caterers will have been engaged and most of the staff who are casual employees anyway will carry on just as before. It may well be that concourse catering will be run direct by the club for a while.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Have they REALLY been that bad? I've actually never had a problem apart from just once I was given the wrong pie... And Blimey, doing it the day before a game is a bit silly Shirley?
No, I don't think they have. Like you, the only problem I've had was when I was once given the wrong pie. The queues can be frustrating, but surely it's still going to be the case with new caterers? I feel a little bit of this is down to the moaning minnies - personally can't see any new company doing any better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here