Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't Azure win an award recently for Stadium Catering ?

Perhaps they should return it

Shows what a load of nonsense that award thingy is. It was little more than some PR driven drivel; some of the categories were ludicrous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The same chimps will almost certainly be re-employed by any new caterer's as whoever it is won't be able to find 300 ish experienced staff under a rock.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

Did you read the third paragraph?

Listening to our customers, we work wherever it is possible and viable to do so with locally produced products and local suppliers, such as Piglet's Pantry for our pies and Harvey's of Lewes for our ale, while striving for the highest possible levels of service, quality, and value for money for our fans and customers at all times.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have they REALLY been that bad? I've actually never had a problem apart from just once I was given the wrong pie... And Blimey, doing it the day before a game is a bit silly Shirley?

Just because it was announced today, didn't mean it happened today...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice of Paul to let you know personally - he's not written to me!

This could make the pre-match pint touch and go this Saturday (and Tuesday). Azure were fairly crap, but somebody else starting from scratch may be even worse in the short term.

I may have to have a pint in Rottingdean.

Herr is before Pogue in the alphabet. I bet he is typing your email as I write :wink:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Probably be complete chaos at the Amex tomorrow for food & drinks on the concourses until this is sorted out expect a massive binfest on NSC Saturday night :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The same chimps will almost certainly be re-employed by any new caterer's as whoever it is won't be able to find 300 ish experienced staff under a rock.

It's not the staff that's the problem, it's the organisation and training.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It'll be interesting to read the catering thread after tomorrow's game.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

This bit is a bit ambiguous, does it mean that Piglet's and Harveys are gone after the end of the season, or is it specifically relating to the caterer? Bit unclear...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm guessing that the new contract may have the Albion taking a slightly higher share of the takings. When they originally let out the contract, no one could have guessed how many gannetts the Albion had in their ranks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have they REALLY been that bad? I've actually never had a problem apart from just once I was given the wrong pie... And Blimey, doing it the day before a game is a bit silly Shirley?

I agree with this.

I'm happy that the club have arrived at this decision, but the last home game was back on 6th November. If they'd binned Azure shortly after that, then they'd have had the thick end of 2 weeks to prepare for tomorrows game.

Was this email from Barber actually sent today, or was it just made public today ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Clearly, we would ask for your patience during the next few weeks while our emergency caterers familiarise themselves with our stadium, train staff, introduce new systems, get to know us and get to know you, our customers.

*sigh*

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Hmmmmm

I have booked and paid for meal in East stand Brassiere for tommorrow...

does this mean Azure have taken my money and run?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with this.

I'm happy that the club have arrived at this decision, but the last home game was back on 6th November. If they'd binned Azure shortly after that, then they'd have had the thick end of 2 weeks to prepare for tomorrows game.

Was this email from Barber actually sent today, or was it just made public today ?

Maybe the club decided weeks ago and have been in meetings with various people since the last home game and there was an imbargo until today

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

Read the letter. Clearly the retention of local brands is central to the club's catering offer and is the one area winning brownie points with supporters.

The issues must be 1901 catering etc and concern that members wont renew and they wont fill the extra boxes they have built in the south stand etc. Concourse catering is unlikely to be much enhanced whoever runs it. Short term I guess the college plus local caterers will have been engaged and most of the staff who are casual employees anyway will carry on just as before. It may well be that concourse catering will be run direct by the club for a while. Good news if it was as rheir customer care training is top notch from my experience.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

Paul Barber
Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

Does this mean the emergency caterers have got the gig until the end of the season and the new caterers will take over OR the new caterers take over next season with Pukka Pies and Carlsberg as "symbiotic partners" to make a bigger buck ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here