Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

M.D

Jan 15, 2015
All I will say now is trust my judgement on him, in twelve months you will be worried about keeping him, he is that good..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh no pressure on a bloke who's played two seasons in the Championship, then.

This was the first article that popped up when I googled his name: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-webster-struggles-fill-aden-1914149

£22M.

Also found this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36462833

Coincidental.

No-one is perfect but 'the first article that popped up' happened to be from very early on in his time at Bristol when he replaced a local hero. Why not highlight one of the many glowing references that the lad has?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Quite agree. Looks a tidy player. Get this one over the line and the Brentford lad and i might join you on your BENDER for the Spurs game

Right with a mahooosive 1564 people viewing it's about time we officially announce that we should all prepare for a Dicks Meet at 8.30am for a Bender at the Spurs game!

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No-one is perfect but 'the first article that popped up' happened to be from very early on in his time at Bristol when he replaced a local hero. Why not highlight one of the many glowing references that the lad has?

Because they didn't come up on my search. Just page after page of tedious transfer gossip. And the ones I posted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh no pressure on a bloke who's played two seasons in the Championship, then.

This was the first article that popped up when I googled his name: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-webster-struggles-fill-aden-1914149

£22M.

Also found this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36462833

Coincidental.

£18m plus add-ons.

Your relentless negativity is truly something to behold. If we'd spent half this amount on some unknown bloke from Latvia then as sure as my arse has a hole in it, you'd be grizzling that we're "always trying to do it on the cheap" blah blah. So we're doing a bit of speculating on a promising, versatile young english player who is at least accustomed to playing in this country, albeit not yet at PL level. He'll be working with one of the most highly rated young coaches in the country, who no doubt fancies he can get a tune out of him. Thats why he's (nearly) here.

At some point EVERY player has the challenge of making the step-up. Buying the "finished article" has you looking at spending massively inflated prices, like £80m+ on a Maguire. We're not one of those clubs, we still have to try to find POTENTIAL, and then bring it out of them. Which is what the likes of Potter is here to do, its why he IS here.

Why not have a day off eh.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Because TSB is so negative about everything Albion?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because they didn't come up on my search. Just page after page of tedious transfer gossip. And the ones I posted.

Search a little further and you get comments from the Bristol Post a month ago such as : 'Graham Potter's interest in the 24-year-old is not surprising, given the consistency and quality of Webster's performances throughout the 2018/19 Championship campaign, including against the Brighton manager's former employers Swansea.'

There are plenty of other decent reviews and comments out there. Look at Bristol City's fans comments on Twitter for example. :smile:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Search a little further and you get comments from the Bristol Post a month ago such as : 'Graham Potter's interest in the 24-year-old is not surprising, given the consistency and quality of Webster's performances throughout the 2018/19 Championship campaign, including against the Brighton manager's former employers Swansea.'

There are plenty of other decent reviews and comments out there. Look at Bristol City's fans comments on Twitter for example. :smile:

He was their player of the season last year too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£18m plus add-ons.

Your relentless negativity is truly something to behold. If we'd spent half this amount on some unknown bloke from Latvia then as sure as my arse has a hole in it, you'd be grizzling that we're "always trying to do it on the cheap" blah blah. So we're doing a bit of speculating on a promising, versatile young english player who is at least accustomed to playing in this country, albeit not yet at PL level. He'll be working with one of the most highly rated young coaches in the country, who no doubt fancies he can get a tune out of him. Thats why he's (nearly) here.

At some point EVERY player has the challenge of making the step-up. Buying the "finished article" has you looking at spending massively inflated prices, like £80m+ on a Maguire. We're not one of those clubs, we still have to try to find POTENTIAL, and then bring it out of them. Which is what the likes of Potter is here to do, its why he IS here.

Why not have a day off eh.

Imagine if Webster was playing in the Dutch league... TSB would have been apoplectic...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He's never played in the Premier League though Greeny, so he MUST be shite. And expensive shite at that.

I mean look at what a DISASTER Dunk has been since he stepped up from the Championship. Utter liability, said it from the start. Get rid.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Image77.jpg

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Looks like good business in the current climate but only time will tell. Hope he is not the answer to the questions everyone will pose if Leicester come for Lewis.

Striker next please.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting signing but must admit just dont understand. We have no creative midfielder and a slow 37 year old centre forward. What do we do go and spend 20mill on a centre half . The one department that didnt need strengthening

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Interesting signing but must admit just dont understand. We have no creative midfielder and a slow 37 year old centre forward. What do we do go and spend 20mill on a centre half . The one department that didnt need strengthening

dunk off or back 3, it's quite simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here