Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Succession planning was a big part of why he was bought here

It’s funny how many don’t see it (despite that always being the plan). The number of ‘sicknote/waste of wages/get rid at the end of the season’ type comments from a section of our fanbase is embarrassing.

50% of Lallana’s time will do us more good than a 100% of several others. Nailed on for a coaching role when he stops playing too (hopefully).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s funny how many don’t see it (despite that always being the plan). The number of ‘sicknote/waste of wages/get rid at the end of the season’ type comments from a section of our fanbase is embarrassing.

50% of Lallana’s time will do us more good than a 100% of several others. Nailed on for a coaching role when he stops playing too (hopefully).

Well yes, but 90k per week is a lot to pay for someone who may become your coach (or could equally just become someone else's) in 3 years. So he's got to justify himself as a player first and foremost. Happily, this is what is happening.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Totally agree. And hopefully a good couple more years of playing before then as he is our most talented player too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well yes, but 90k per week is a lot to pay for someone who may become your coach (or could equally just become someone else's) in 3 years. So he's got to justify himself as a player first and foremost. Happily, this is what is happening.

Well being hammered by Covid for several weeks won't have helped him. Hopefully he's back for the rest of the season now - if he plays like he did against Saints we'll be in great shape.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Superb player, on a different wavelength to virtually every other player we have. If it wasn’t for his injury history he’d still be at a top 6 club.

Agree. Very astute of TB/DA /GP to bring him in.

Might be the twilight of his career but who is not impressed with a glorious sunset?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It's fantastic to hear that Adam thinks he has recovered from his January Covid ordeal.

I think we'll find that both Lallana and Welbeck will be key to the Albion staying in the Premier League this season, the more playing time the better. Adam is now starting games and playing his true game through 90 minutes, Danny has yet to reach that point but it's coming, and the opposition better watch out when both are firing on all cylinders.

I for one would love to see Welbeck start up front with Maupay again on Saturday, with both banging in a goal each, wouldn't that be a sight to feast our eyes upon.

:goal: :goal:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Where did you find this piece of information?
I'm pretty sure very few people can categorically say what any of our players earn.

My understanding was that the financial arrangements fit within our existing pay structure.
I'm sure the extended contract and signing on fee make the overall deal more appealing to Lallana.
But I very much doubt that the weekly wage is significantly more than any of our other high earners.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where did you find this piece of information?
I'm pretty sure very few people can categorically say what any of our players earn.

My understanding was that the financial arrangements fit within our existing pay structure.
I'm sure the extended contract and signing on fee make the overall deal more appealing to Lallana.
But I very much doubt that the weekly wage is significantly more than any of our other high earners.

I googled it ... so it must be true :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I googled it ... so it must be true :)

I'm aware that the 3 year contract was one of the key factors in us landing him.

I daresay that a 3 year contract at £60k a week was more appealing than a 2 year contract at £90, when bonuses and sponsorship deals are added in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm aware that the 3 year contract was one of the key factors in us landing him.

I daresay that a 3 year contract at £60k a week was more appealing than a 2 year contract at £90, when bonuses and sponsorship deals are added in.

......plus the likelihood of transitioning to the coaching team at the end of it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's fantastic to hear that Adam thinks he has recovered from his January Covid ordeal.

I think we'll find that both Lallana and Welbeck will be key to the Albion staying in the Premier League this season, the more playing time the better. Adam is now starting games and playing his true game through 90 minutes, Danny has yet to reach that point but it's coming, and the opposition better watch out when both are firing on all cylinders.

I for one would love to see Welbeck start up front with Maupay again on Saturday, with both banging in a goal each, wouldn't that be a sight to feast our eyes upon.

:goal: :goal:

Absolutely agree, I'm especially pleased for Adam L,allana, as to be honest, l had started to write him off as a bit of a sick note, but have come to realise what the full extent of his problems were.

As you say having the two of them back for the run in could prove crucial, as we need the former making the assists, and the latter tucking the goals away.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How good was he tonight?! Took the game and completely ran it. Easily my MotM. World class again today, rolled back the years.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Agree, a touch of class, but good/great players also bring out the best in those around them. We saw that tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here