Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Isn’t the 9 appearances for Liverpool more to do with who is in front of him currently.
Pace doesn’t really matter if you can pass the ball accurately (especially to someone wearing the same colour shirt).
Still think he has plenty to give in a young team learning their way.
Yes for me, one season with options.

Possibly yes. I don’t follow Liverpool closely to know. If he’s fully fit and chomping at the bit to play. Then that would be a very good signing.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
All down to what the player wants. Fans always focus on the money but easy enough to pay 60k a week with a 4 mil signing bonus over 2 years (doesn't all have to be upfront either), rather than 80k a week.

If he wants to go somewhere with a sh*t club atmosphere full of premadonas and instagram look at me the greastest individual in the world types to earn 120k a week up to him. Best way to earn more long term if you back yourself though (and most pro sports people do) is to go somewhere and succeed as a leader and sign another good contract after this one, rather than totally disappear in some sh*thole in south or east London. Sounds more fun too for a guy in his 30s (maybe not the priority at 20). I for one am quite happy to earn half as much with an easy life doing stuff I love in the sunshine with good people rather than trudging into work everyday seeming a chore.

Would the Stains fans welcome him back as a cult hero? Or jump on his back the moment he misses a game? Genuine question. Doubt he'd start all that often at Leicester either, just like Liverpool. Depends what he as a human wants really doesn't it. 9 out of 10 choose the money I'm sure, but the players who do pick us tend to be quality folks off the pitch as well as on so works out well for us in a way.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He is 32 years old, how old was Wayne Bridge when he was with us, he was bloody good and like being there as well.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He is 32 years old, how old was Wayne Bridge when he was with us, he was bloody good and like being there as well.

Agreed. If his attitude is right, and I imagine it is as he has just got on with the job at Liverpool without any complaints, I can see him in a Sidwell type role for us.
Injury record is a concern though and the contract would reflect that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t believe there are people writing “Adam Lallana......nah”.
He’d be a great signing.
And for him, a chance to move back to the South Coast.
Let the club worry about finances / fitness.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If he passes the club’s fitness checks (which I recall a few potential players failing to do, suggesting they’re pretty thorough), it’s a resounding yes from me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be big yes from me. Would bring some real skill and nouse the the team, great for the younger players to learn from and looks like the type that would comfortably pass the 'no dickheads' test too. Biggest concern would be his fitness record.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You mean the Bissouma who came to us from Lille, about 140 miles from Brighton?*

*yes, I checked.

he was born on the Ivory Coast and raised in Mali ....ffs he joined Lille in 2015/16 from Bamako ....the guy is African ...ffs , some people just need to argue.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd wet myself with excitement if Lallana came here, one of England's underrated bright sparks in terms of creativity, and has bags of experience.

I thought he was being linked to Leicester not too long ago though, so not sure how realistic him coming here may be...

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Get him in, short term deal.

Even if the body slows down, his decision making and eye for a pass, with PL experience too, will be a good addition for us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he could stay fit and if the money was right then its a yes from me.

Our style has traditionally been to go for younger players from a cheaper league who have the potential to improve & gain value (some hits and misses there!) which is my preferred policy but at some point we need to compliment it with Premier League experience.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Really good player for the Reds apart from the injuries. Would be nice if he turned it around like Danny Ings but it is a gamble.
Has guile and quality and could give a lift to the squad as he’s not an unknown entity.
Would be a coup if we got him, but if he cannot get the games in could be a big financial mistake, but as a fan who cares?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Would be big yes from me. Would bring some real skill and nouse the the team, great for the younger players to learn from and looks like the type that would comfortably pass the 'no dickheads' test too. Biggest concern would be his fitness record.

Hmm. Not so sure he'd pass as easily as you think. And his wage demands will be huge.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmm. Not so sure he'd pass as easily as you think. And his wage demands will be huge.

As others have said, he may well settle for a salary within our wage structure for a decent signing on fee. As and example a £5m signing on fee for a 4 year contract is the equivalent of £24k per week. Add that to say £45k within our structure and it’s not such a bad deal for him or us. Double that to £10m signing on fee and it’s still good for club and player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here