Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Does anyone know when Adam El-Abd is expected to be fit? Sorry if this has been discussed and missed by me but was just wondering.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
DannySeagull saw him in Asda this morning & he told him that he's looking at mid September.
He's still in plaster at the moment though.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Serious?! Still in plaster? Christ, who is going to play alongside Greer if we dont get anyone else in? Would be a gamble starting with the French lad..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tommy Elphick is also some way short of resuming training from the little you can glean from the club or from the Argus

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Mr El-Abd being out is concerning me, both Cook and Dunk despite their obvious potential would be BIG gambles. We desperately need 1 more experienced CB to cover El-Abd, even if its a loan till Xmas. No good having all this quality going forward if we ship goals at the back..

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I really think all this may just have occurred to Gus. He'll have it sorted.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Mr El-Abd being out is concerning me, both Cook and Dunk despite their obvious potential would be BIG gambles. We desperately need 1 more experienced CB to cover El-Abd, even if its a loan till Xmas. No good having all this quality going forward if we ship goals at the back..

If you are not going to play Dunk or Cook when we have 2 players out injured, then when do you suggest we start playing them? They have potential at the moment, but they will never realise it playing for the Development Squad - They have to play at some point! I could not think of a better time to blood Dunk or Cook. You would have the Captain playing next to him, with both first choice full backs in Calderon and Painter making up the rest of the back four, with a very experienced goalkeeper in Ankergren behind him.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I really think all this may just have occurred to Gus. He'll have it sorted.

Obviously it will be on his mind yea, was just surprised by the lack of talk regarding the potential centre back dilema on here.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If we have to start with Greer and Dunk, that is fine by me, but with only Cook left for cover we do neeed someone, but as Oscar said i'm sure Gus will have thought of that.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
If you are not going to play Dunk or Cook when we have 2 players out injured, then when do you suggest we start playing them? They have potential at the moment, but they will never realise it playing for the Development Squad - They have to play at some point! I could not think of a better time to blood Dunk or Cook. You would have the Captain playing next to him, with both first choice full backs in Calderon and Painter making up the rest of the back four, with a very experienced goalkeeper in Ankergren behind him.

Indeed they need to play to gain experience agreed. However, in terms of thinking of a better opportunity for them to gain experience I would suggest both the Carling and FA Cups would be a perfect way to blood them with less pressure. Much like Wenger does with his youngsters at the goon.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Indeed they need to play to gain experience agreed. However, in terms of thinking of a better opportunity for them to gain experience I would suggest both the Carling and FA Cups would be a perfect way to blood them with less pressure. .

Dunk has been blooded already, several times, and is perfectly capable.

Do you not remember his appearances last season ?

In addition for cover we also have Vincelot who can play centre or side.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It seems like dunk has bags of talent and a bright future i feel ok bout him starting for us in the champ. Need someone in case of injuries/sending offs

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Dunk has been blooded already, several times, and is perfectly capable.

Do you not remember his appearances last season ?

In addition for cover we also have Vincelot who can play centre or side.

Yea of course, he did look good against League 1 players and will go on to be a top player im sure of that. I guess im just being cautious as both his and Vincelot's lack of experience against Championship and ex Premier league players worries me. Lets hope if he plays he has a blinder and I look like an old worrier!

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tommy is 2 months away,he's jogging and starting to rebuild lost muscles.

Thanks for that. It never ceases to amaze me how Naylor fails to pick up even the simplest stories that fans want to hear - we seem to be lumbered with the only journalist who refuses to invade either the club's or the individual players' privacy to the extent of not reporting anything that doesn't already bear a Will Jago by-line on the official site.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
know what you mean severnside. The reason I started this thread was the complete lack of info about how on earth our best defender was getting on with his injury comeback! Just seems weird hows theres been no pretty much info at all on one of our best players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally more than happy with Dunk to partner Greer, if it goes tits up for a few games got time to use the transfer market before it closes but having seen him a few times (adn going by what others and Gus has said )think he will be more than able to cope and could even cement his place in the team for the majority of the season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gus will bring in a 3 month loan player to play alongside Greer and that Dunk and Cook will be played in the league cup. We don't play in the FA cup until January ie 3rd round by which time El Abd and possibly Elphick will be back playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here