Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to Ian Dowie

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can someone translate please.

I think he was refering to the gangway separating the away and home sections . Any naughty boys were took from their ends and led up the gangway to the ob hut at the top of the holmesdale . As for the rest I haven't got the foggiest .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

Altough i hate Pompey more than Palace i still like the rivalry and was nearly banged up for a bit of singing out side smellhurst the year Coppell managed us (can't remember the score!). I had had a beer or two and started chanting "Selhurst is full of S**T" etc and i was just about to be pulled in by OB when one of my school pals,(palace supporting Met) come from nowhere and he managed to persuade his colleagues that i was alright.

So the moral of the story Palace love the Albion and the OB loves Mouldy!

:banana::banana:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Remember being at the bottom of the east with the BHA mob and palace in the old away corner and lumps of concrete terracing being lobbed in both directions along with loads of coins. One of out finest boys in blue copped a coin right on his nose claret everywhere

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I remember the 0-0 at the Withdean, the match dubbed to be your revenge for the 5-0 we handed you earlier in the season. If it had not been for Alex Kolinko, we'd have certainly lost but a draw was probably the best we could hope for without AJ or Freedman upfront that day.

I could only get a ticket in the home end as my Dad was friends with the Brighton physio. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, my friends in the away end were literally blocked from leaving by a sea of angry Brighton fans, many had an assortment of objects including a brick that they threw into the away end! Not often you see that in this century.

Ironically, the game back in 06 at The Withdean when McAnuff won it in the last minute, I managed to get out of the new away end without seeing a single Brighton fan, I think you were all a bit stunned with the late goal to care about giving aggro to us that day.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Had a dream I was watching football at the Amex with Ian Dowie last night. Seems slightly odd now. And then too actually, he was kind of sad and angry that I didn't realise who he was till he mentioned it himself whilst also not really giving a shit either. dododoododoodoododododdod (twilight zone music)

Oct 25, 2003
I remember the 0-0 at the Withdean, the match dubbed to be your revenge for the 5-0 we handed you earlier in the season. If it had not been for Alex Kolinko, we'd have certainly lost but a draw was probably the best we could hope for without AJ or Freedman upfront that day.

we were without zamora for that game....we were such a one man team (due to having a budget of £0 and having players miles out of their depth after 2 promotions) and simply couldn't score without him in the team

incredibly it was graham barrett who was so close to becoming an albion hero, hitting the post with a delightful chip (sadly by far the best thing he did in an albion shirt)......also remember kolinko being AMAZING

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You've got to admire a man who, to get out of a contract at Palace, responded 'No' twice in the face of Jordan when asked if he was going to go to northern club Charlton. Beautiful

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dowie claimed it was "when Palace won 3-2 and Freedman scored the winner..":blush:

He took a couple of coins on the mug which "was better value than plastic surgery...":ohmy:

One of these statements might not be entirely true.

PG

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
erm, shower of coins at Withdean, really? lmao at Dowie trying to sound like a tough guy on the radio.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Remember being pelted with coins in the McShane game.... actually quite a touch as I'd drunkenly left my wallet on the train on the way up, and managed to retrieve enough coinage from the floor to pay for my bus fare home once we'd (eventually) got back to Brighton

Br1-3hton lol

Oct 29, 2012
Remember being pelted with coins in the McShane game.... actually quite a touch as I'd drunkenly left my wallet on the train on the way up, and managed to retrieve enough coinage from the floor to pay for my bus fare home once we'd (eventually) got back to Brighton

Can I have my tenner back please? :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here