Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AC Milan New Ground

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really are a colossal bell end, you take some kind of odd self gratification from trying to prove people wrong and backing them into a corner.
The fact is that you picked a fight with me when I wasn't even disagreeing with you. My first post simply asked what Milan fans called the stadium, and your reply to me was rude (and it now seems it was also wrong). I didn't even react badly to that, I just asked if you got out of the wrong side of the bed as you seemed grumpy.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Four pages about Milans new stadium. 3 pages of those 4 arguing about what the old one is called.

CLASSIC NSC.
I think we've moved beyond what it's called now, I think it's instead become sort of a 'what's it called by who and why' style discussion.

Less of an argument and more of a general fact check at this point...obviously, the argument could return at any time either way.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I know mate but it's the SAN SIRO , the atmosphere alone was enough and we lost !

I've seen Spurs play both AC & Inter at the San Siro - and I definitely think AC have the better fans.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've seen Spurs play both AC & Inter at the San Siro - and I definitely think AC have the better fans.

I think you mean you've seen Spurs play AC at the San siro and Inter at the giuseppe meazza :lolol:

Oh no you didn't! :ohmy:

While we're all being annoyingly pedantic, can you stop calling Milan "AC"? Milan is Milan and Inter is Inter.

Next time I'll start a thread about something less contentious like the Middle East or something :facepalm:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
PM3019313.jpg

I agree on your point that a break from sleek curves is no bad thing necessarily, as proved here by the design for Brentfords new stadium which I think looks very smart. But Milans is utter garbage IMO. It doesn't even look like a football stadium from the outside, and is certainly nothing special inside, going by those pics anyway.
See, I don't like the Brentford one, it looks like a pencil sharpener or a printer imo :)

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Been to quite a few grounds in Italy, but that was pretty much when they had been rebuilt for the World Cup in 1990.
I have visited (think the names are correct but wait to be shot down in flames if wrong!)
Stadio Saint Elia (Cagliari for the three qualifiers)
Stadio Dall'Ara (Bologna)
Stadio San Paolo (Naples)
Stadio delle Alpi (Turin) & again for the friendly in 2000 *
Olympic Stadium (Rome) for a WC qualifier in 1997

*At the time Juventus/Torino shared that ground which was built in 1990 for the WC. It was demolished in 2006!

Never got to the San Siro (or whatever its called) as when we were in Milan before the friendly in Turin it was so foggy not worth going!

Roll on March and the new Juventus ground! Interesting to see that the redeveloped Torino ground only holds 28k and Juventus 41k, so looks like they no longer go for these massive stadiums! Guess Italian football is in decline since all the corruption scandals. Do Inter have plans for a new ground?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Regardless of what the old one is called, I think the new one looks shit. You'd think the Italians of all people would be able to design something more aesthetically pleasing than that. It looks like a shopping mall.

48,000 capacity as well. How the mighty have fallen.

You didn't study Cubism/modernism @ St Martins college then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here