Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AC Milan New Ground

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sure, but its still a stark indication of a huge decline in the status of AC Milan, one of the biggest and most famous clubs in the world. A packed stadium is always preferable, but Milan having to downsize to a sub-50k stadium is still a bit of a shocker. It rubberstamps the fact that they cannot be considered one of the giants of world football any more.
I think taking Taraabt on loan is the biggest indication of this so far :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure I'm in a grumpy mood, but I appreciate your concern. Your question came across as though you were challenging what I'd posted, which is factual.
No, my question was not challenging what you said, and the fact that you interpreted it as so is why I was concerned about your mood today. I am relieved that you are not as grumpy as you appeared to be.

I'm aware that a lot of people call it the San Siro, that's the very reason why I made the initial 'pedant' post about that actually being incorrect :shrug: I also added in that post that the stadium is officially called the Guissepi Meazza, it's all quite simple to grasp.
Yes, so simple that even I had no trouble understanding it. The fact that it's not the same as the Amex/Falmer is also simple to grasp.

I didn't know what Milan fans called the stadium, so I asked you, and it's interesting that you replied 'They call it the Guissepi Meazza, as that's what it's called', only to later correct yourself with 'AC fans will often refer to it as San Siro out of spite'.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Well I quite like the new design. Sure, it probably won't look as nice as the designs but I still think it will be quite attractive and it's nice to see a break from everything having to be curved and sleek.

On a side note, I though the Amex was actually named Falmer Stadium and callrd the American Express Community Stadium for commercial use. Although that could have been Wiki or something :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I quite like the new design. Sure, it probably won't look as nice as the designs but I still think it will be quite attractive and it's nice to see a break from everything having to be curved and sleek.

PM3019313.jpg

I agree on your point that a break from sleek curves is no bad thing necessarily, as proved here by the design for Brentfords new stadium which I think looks very smart. But Milans is utter garbage IMO. It doesn't even look like a football stadium from the outside, and is certainly nothing special inside, going by those pics anyway.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've been in the San siro when full for a big champions league game , fantastic stadium, a bit sad to see it go to be honest.

From the walking up those poxy spirals to the away end, to the 2 holes in the ground acting as toilets either side of the 5000 capacity away end, I think it's one of the worse ground I've been too. I believe it's got 5* UEFA Rating too? Mental.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No, my question was not challenging what you said, and the fact that you interpreted it as so is why I was concerned about your mood today. I am relieved that you are not as grumpy as you appeared to be.

Yes, so simple that even I had no trouble understanding it. The fact that it's not the same as the Amex/Falmer is also simple to grasp.

I didn't know what Milan fans called the stadium, so I asked you, and it's interesting that you replied 'They call it the Guissepi Meazza, as that's what it's called', only to later correct yourself with 'AC fans will often refer to it as San Siro out of spite'.

Blimey, you're like a dog with a bone. The fans I spoke to are Inter fans, and THEY call it the Guissepi Meazza as that's what it's called, AC fans will incorrectly call it San Siro as they dislike Inter legend Guissepi Meazza. I'm sure you'll twist this response to satisfy your weird obsession of always correcting people.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
From the walking up those poxy spirals to the away end, to the 2 holes in the ground acting as toilets either side of the 5000 capacity away end, I think it's one of the worse ground I've been too. I believe it's got 5* UEFA Rating too? Mental.
I know mate but it's the SAN SIRO , the atmosphere alone was enough and we lost !

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Blimey, you're like a dog with a bone. The fans I spoke to are Inter fans, and THEY call it the Guissepi Meazza as that's what it's called, AC fans will incorrectly call it San Siro as they dislike Inter legend Guissepi Meazza. I'm sure you'll twist this response to satisfy your weird obsession of always correcting people.
Just spoke to an A Milan supporting colleague in Milan , he Confirms what you say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fans I spoke to are Inter fans, and THEY call it the Guissepi Meazza as that's what it's called, AC fans will incorrectly call it San Siro as they dislike Inter legend Guissepi Meazza.
I didn't ask what Inter fans call it, I asked what Milan fans call it, and you said the Guissepi Meazza!

I'm sure you'll twist this response to satisfy your weird obsession of always correcting people.
I wasn't even arguing with you. You were correcting people on the name of the stadium (which I had no problem with) and I simply asked what the Milan fans call it, and you started an argument by saying 'but I'm sure because it's not something you were aware of it can't be correct'. You start an argument with me and then complain that I'm arguing :rolleyes:

Yoda

English & European

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I didn't ask what Inter fans call it, I asked what Milan fans call it, and you said the Guissepi Meazza!

I wasn't even arguing with you. You were correcting people on the name of the stadium (which I had no problem with) and I simply asked what the Milan fans call it, and you started an argument by saying 'but I'm sure because it's not something you were aware of it can't be correct'. You start an argument with me and then complain that I'm arguing :rolleyes:

Classic Triggaaar :yawn:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Four pages about Milans new stadium. 3 pages of those 4 arguing about what the old one is called.

CLASSIC NSC.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Try again when you're not so grumpy, and you haven't got your facts all wrong
You really are a colossal bell end, you take some kind of odd self gratification from trying to prove people wrong and backing them into a corner.
The fact is the stadium that both Inter and Milan play in is named the Guissepi Meazza, people are free to call it what they like, but that is its official name. Inter fans refer to it by the correct name, their rivals refer to it intentionally incorrectly by another name. Those are the facts Trig, stroke yourself into a frenzy over it if it makes you feel better.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

While we're all being annoyingly pedantic, can you stop calling Milan "AC"? Milan is Milan and Inter is Inter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here