Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abuse last night

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I have some pics which I will post later of Albion fans taken from the stand to the left of you all. I was behind the **** in the Mexican Hat!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im really really sorry, i cant speak for my mates or anyone else at the game, but i will apoligise for my actions.
It was a big game and when dunk got sent off i just saw red and started to abuse.

Ow sh*t sorry, i thought this was gonna be a thread about the abuse dunk got on here last night :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I commented to my son how few women there were last night, and thought to myself how great that is. Lovely stuff.

Women have plenty of chance to spend company with just women that no man in his right mind would want to go to, e.g. shopping, dance classes, coffee shops and the like. We don't go butting in to their space, so they should leave us alone in ours. Football has always been a mans game and I hope that continues. If women do have to go to football can they please observe in a quiet capacity and not make ridiculously high pitched noises throughout. I respect the more knowledgable females who know about football, there are some, but the rest need to understand we don't go to football to listen to them chatting on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Baz - Is she ok?
Sent her a message but got no reply.
Have known the person Baz is talking about for years. She has been going to Albion for years home and away and has never as far as I know been as upset at the behaviour of "fans" as she was last night. Don't know all the details but she is NOT someone who would get upset at a bit of swearing.
Please pass on my regards when you see her Baz.

Sent her a message but got no reply? Best scream for a policeman then, OFFICER, OFFICER, THINGSTABLE, OVER HERE, NASTY PERSON ALERT!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ps) I agree though that London games seem to bring out the rougher element of our support in greater numbers but didn't personally witness any abuse other than for poor Rob Green :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
. The only thing that I heard all day which could be taken as offensive was one pissed lad trying to start a song about Bolaise having Ebola before the game, which surprisingly didn't catch on.

Brilliant, wish I'd heard that, how did it go?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
ps) I agree though that London games seem to bring out the rougher element of our support in greater numbers but didn't personally witness any abuse other than for poor Rob Green :)

The day-tripper games also tend to bring out more of the type of fan who moans about anything:
- someone had been drinking
- someone was sat in my seat
- someone was smoking
- a nasty man said a rude word

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah the Costa luv bus crew were getting wet down in the front rows at Derby last Saturday and not in the fashion they were hoping for:whistle:
regards
DR

You could see that from your position in B&Q, or Burger King, or your sofa, could you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I commented to my son how few women there were last night, and thought to myself how great that is. Lovely stuff.

Women have plenty of chance to spend company with just women that no man in his right mind would want to go to, e.g. shopping, dance classes, coffee shops and the like. We don't go butting in to their space, so they should leave us alone in ours. Football has always been a mans game and I hope that continues. If women do have to go to football can they please observe in a quiet capacity and not make ridiculously high pitched noises throughout. I respect the more knowledgable females who know about football, there are some, but the rest need to understand we don't go to football to listen to them chatting on.

You'd better blame my Dad then, for taking his daughter to football. It's all a man's fault.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't remember who it was, nor do I know her, but the lady in question posted on Twitter about this after the game last night, so no reason to think it's the O/P getting his facts wrong.

Let's not kid ourselves that men would never abuse women for no good reason. I got called a ****ing slag leaving Southend this season, by some lads over the other side of the street, having had no conversation with them (or even so much as eye contact) whatsoever. They continued by telling me to "**** off outta our taaaan, you ****in' queer".

Perhaps she objected to something obnoxious they said. I don't feel that warrants her being called a "slag". This is a lady who, by the sounds of it, is as much of an Albion fan as any of us, and quite probably one who goes to many games, home and away.

Re this Bolasie chant that somebody else mentioned. I heard some youngish blokes desperately trying to get that one going (they failed). I must admit, I thought they were singing "Bolasie's got a boner", which confused me no end :) . The reality, however, is no better, and, I'd venture, in pretty poor taste.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Has Tyson Fury hacked your account?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Not sure if completely serious. Probably not given the time of year. However......

The females I've met at football have been just as committed and knowledgeable as the men. There just aren't as many of them. Liz Costa and Sarah Watts (RIP) weren't exactly my cup of tea but they did more to save this club so we could go to QPR on a Tuesday night than I ever did. My first away group with the Albion included three girls from Horsham / Three Bridges area and they were just part of the group and knew as much and as little as the lads. [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] knows more about football (and describing it and its goings on) than most have forgotten. My son's oldest mate gets taken to games with us by his mum because she loves the game and his dad just isn't interested. I could go on but if you are fishing I'd just be falling further in to the net.

I do stand by my comment about liking a drink at aways though, particularly local midweek. It's part of the day for me and I'm completely open and unashamed about it. We take a few kids to home games and limit ourselves to a pint before and one or two afterwards. Yesterday was a Jolly Boys Outing though. Probably made a bit of a prat of myself - definitely called the Dunk incident wrong at full speed and went mental at both goals - but that's part of the day out. At no point did I feel I needed to have a pop at our fans but if I was 20-ish and couldn't really handle my beer I might have been sillier still. The last thing I would have expected is a moan on the internet from someone who wasn't there. Just because you can use the keyboard doesn't mean you should.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Not sure if this is an attempt at satire, but in case it isn't :tosser:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't remember who it was, nor do I know her, but the lady in question posted on Twitter about this after the game last night, so no reason to think it's the O/P getting his facts wrong.

So why wasn't the Twitter post enough?

As a serving police officer, presumably you'd take a direct complaint of this nature from the victim very seriously. What would you do with someone who came in with "I've heard my friend got abused by these kids..." or similar?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Brilliant, wish I'd heard that, how did it go?

Re this Bolasie chant that somebody else mentioned. I heard some youngish blokes desperately trying to get that one going (they failed). I must admit, I thought they were singing "Bolasie's got a boner", which confused me no end :) . The reality, however, is no better, and, I'd venture, in pretty poor taste.

To the tune of 'Do The Conga'

Der Der Der
Bolaise has Ebola.
Der Der Der
Zaha's got it too.
(repeat to fade)

Childish, Offensive, Probably not true. Still raised a wry smile though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here