Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abuse last night

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Personally reckon it's based on something that happened but has been blown out of all proportion.

Last night, a group of 5/6 kids who are in their late teens had a bit too much to drink between finishing college and going to football. Angry at us squandering a 2 goal lead they got understandably annoyed. They tell Dunk/QPR/The Ref to f*ck off. Swearing annoys women with kids, who asks them to stop and as they're pissed, immature & angry they tell her to mind her own business in more colourful language. Over the journey home and this morning the story gets slightly exaggerated with every telling until it reaches 20+ blokes in their 20's screaming abuse at a random work and her kids for the entire game. Not blaming the woman, most people end up exaggerating stories when they tell them.

Genuinely thought our crowd were quite tame last night in all honesty. The only thing that I heard all day which could be taken as offensive was one pissed lad trying to start a song about Bolaise having Ebola before the game, which surprisingly didn't catch on.

Mate you sound like a real pompous prat, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about not a ****ing clue.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Well Baz - can we get the whole story - because as someone else has posted - people don't just start shouting at other people
for no reason. It simply does not happen.

I have sent you a private message

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Personally reckon it's based on something that happened but has been blown out of all proportion.

Last night, a group of 5/6 kids who are in their late teens had a bit too much to drink between finishing college and going to football. Angry at us squandering a 2 goal lead they got understandably annoyed. They tell Dunk/QPR/The Ref to f*ck off. Swearing annoys women with kids, who asks them to stop and as they're pissed, immature & angry they tell her to mind her own business in more colourful language. Over the journey home and this morning the story gets slightly exaggerated with every telling until it reaches 20+ blokes in their 20's screaming abuse at a random work and her kids for the entire game. Not blaming the woman, most people end up exaggerating stories when they tell them.

Genuinely thought our crowd were quite tame last night in all honesty. The only thing that I heard all day which could be taken as offensive was one pissed lad trying to start a song about Bolaise having Ebola before the game, which surprisingly didn't catch on.
This ^^^^ .

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Baz - Is she ok?
Sent her a message but got no reply.
Have known the person Baz is talking about for years. She has been going to Albion for years home and away and has never as far as I know been as upset at the behaviour of "fans" as she was last night. Don't know all the details but she is NOT someone who would get upset at a bit of swearing.
Please pass on my regards when you see her Baz.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Mate you sound like a real pompous prat, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about not a ****ing clue.

There's one of these threads after every London away game. 99.99% of the time there is no proof, nobody on here happened to be close enough to see/hear anything and the people involved didn't tell the stewards and/or move for some unexplained reason. I believe that your mate was sworn at or felt physically threatened, I believe she has a reason to be annoyed or jaded about following Brighton away. I'm not going to call her a liar, because I don't think she's lying exactly, I just think it's exaggerated because almost all of these stories are. I'm sure 99% of people on here have a story from an away game which has gone from a small story to something 100 times bigger as its been retold over time. I know my group does, being searched by Police at Orient aged 14 with my 9 mates has over time has developed in to a story which if told by some people makes it sound like we were strip-searched by armed police. If that makes me a Pompous Prat who doesn't have a clue then so be it.

However, I'm a Pompous Prat who is 21 and goes to away games quite often. Someone who knows a lot of lads from 18-23 who follow this team away and I do not know a single one who would abuse a woman for no reason. In fact most of the young lads I know who follow this team would kick off at somebody abusing a fellow Albion fan for no reason, not join in.From previous experience the people following the club who are most likely to be bellends are the younger kids (14-16) who are without parents for the first time or the 40 year olds stuck in a Green Street fantasy. I'm not saying there aren't some absolute whoppers who support us, I'm just saying this story seems exaggerated. I know young lads get boisterous at away games - I've done it myself! But there's a difference between loud/angry and genuinely a nasty person and abusing a woman for genuinely no reason.

Didn't mean to cause offence, just throwing my 2 pence in. It's hard to judge without the full story though, so if I'm wrong I apologise.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What are women doing at away games in the first place? Surely they are asking for trouble :eek:

You are Tyson Fury, and I claim my prize of a Lonsdale belt.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
There's one of these threads after every London away game. 99.99% of the time there is no proof, nobody on here happened to be close enough to see/hear anything and the people involved didn't tell the stewards and/or move for some unexplained reason. I believe that your mate was sworn at, I believe she has a reason to be annoyed or jaded about following Brighton away. I'm not going to call her a liar, because I don't think she's lying exactly, I just think it's exaggerated because almost all of these stories are. I'm sure 99% of people on here have a story from an away game which has gone from a small story to something 100 times bigger as its been retold over time. I know my group does, being searched by Police at Orient aged 14 with my 9 mates has over time has developed in to a story which if told by some people makes it sound like we were strip-searched by armed police. If that makes me a Pompous Prat who doesn't have a clue then so be it.

However, I'm a Pompous Prat who is 21 and goes to away games quite often. Someone who knows a lot of lads from 18-23 who follow this team away and I do not know a single one who would abuse a woman for no reason. In fact most of the young lads I know who follow this team would kick off at somebody abusing somebody for no reason, not join in.From previous experience the people following the club who are most likely to be bellends are the younger kids (14-16) who are without parents for the first time or the 40 year olds stuck in a Green Street fantasy. I'm not saying there aren't some absolute whoppers who support us, I'm just saying this story seems exaggerated. I know young lads get boisterous at away games - I've done it myself! But there's a difference between loud/angry and genuinely a nasty person and abusing a woman for genuinely no reason.

Didn't mean to cause offence, just throwing my 2 pence in. It's hard to judge without the full story though, so if I'm wrong I apologise.

Your a gentlemen and your apology is more than accepted I am sorry for my OTT remark too. Im very touchy when it comes to my women and children and have been brought up to respect them in every way.
I have PM someone on here with the full story I cant put everything on here as it wouldn't be fair on her and she is rightly concerned about that.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Baz - Is she ok?
Sent her a message but got no reply.
Have known the person Baz is talking about for years. She has been going to Albion for years home and away and has never as far as I know been as upset at the behaviour of "fans" as she was last night. Don't know all the details but she is NOT someone who would get upset at a bit of swearing.
Please pass on my regards when you see her Baz.

She is fine mate ive seen her but she is very upset and rightly so. Maybe i shouldn't have put anything on here but she is a good mate and a lovely person and i'm not standing for it.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
She is fine mate ive seen her but she is very upset and rightly so. Maybe i shouldn't have put anything on here but she is a good mate and a lovely person and i'm not standing for it.
London matches always seem to attract the dregs of our support, glad your friend is alright and tell her not to let the morons put her off going. They've got the issues not her.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
For this reason I'm that keen on taking my kids to some away games.

Don't understand the point of paying £30+ for a ticket and getting steamed. Sadly most clubs have this low life and often in the older age bracket who should know better..

When you have friends who have left Brighton for parts elsewhere an away game can provide the hook to hang a long delayed meet up and drinking session on.
That's my excuse for being a sozzled 40yo at away games. Witnesses assure me that while I can get foul mouthed and lairy I'm not abusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here