Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] About time we had one of these - a lovely smug schadenfreude thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Teams I would happily see fail this season (excluding Palace- that goes without saying):

-Burnley. Just because Sean Dyche

-Sheffield Wednesday (they've slipped back to their usual level after a couple of fluke seasons where they reached play offs. Always good to see "massive" clubs forced to recognise their decline)

-Reading (see previous post)

-Swindon (no logical reason, I've just never liked their club)

-Frank Lampard's Derby County FC. Because it's always funny when they stake a claim for promotion and then fluff it, every year

-Aston Villa. Because they whined all summer about their club being in "crisis" (a team who considers a play off final defeat a crisis has no appreciation whatsoever of struggle) and then carried on spending lots of money without selling any of their high value players. Also because Grealish is enormously overrated.

-Southampton. Though it appears their new manager will kick some life back into their lazy squad, sadly. I loved the job Hughes was doing.

-Huddersfield. Bored of the Wagner (he's a friend of Klopp, don't you know?) love-in in the media. Also, they moaned far too much about the game earlier this month, when the fact is, they lost it because they were shitter than us on the day).

I agree with most of that, but Sean Dyche is misunderstood. The ten-second clips on MotD don't do him justice.

On a general point, I love indulging in schadenfreude as much as the next person, but one day it could be us on the wrong end of something similar, so let's play nicely, shall we?

No? Okay then, you've persuaded me. .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the other hand, Derby are in their accustomed position just ready to hilariously fck it all up again, Aston Villa are nowhere near the top 6 despite spending the GDP of Belgium on players, and Ipswich fans are getting what they deserve after hounding out a limited manager who did his best on a shoestring. Then as [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] says, there is Reading. Fcking two bob Reading. None of the usual smug threads on their particularly crap forum I should imagine. I hope they sell Liam Moore to a Championship team next season for about £2m. :lolol:

And just picture how sweet it'll be if West Brom and Sheff Utd snaffle the top 2 positions, with Forest then beating Derby at Wembley and Reading going down with Ipswich and perhaps Bolton - I think that would add up to a perfect Championship season.

I will only countenance West Brom going up if they decide (and all the evidence points to it being a correct decision) that Jay Rodriguez isn't good enough for the Premier League and sell him to P*rtsm**th.

#****
#twats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
One of the advantages of getting older is that I can look back with a smile on my face having witnessed Man U, Spurs and Chelsea being relegated to the 2nd tier of football. I remember too seeing Villa in the old third division, where of course Saints were too not so long ago. Such joy!

I didn’t quite get the same buzz from seeing the likes of Westham relegated because it’s sort of expected every few years - ditto Norwich, Derby and others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here