Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] About time we had one of these - a lovely smug schadenfreude thread

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You list all the clubs I also dislike. Perhaps with the exception of Leeds. Lovely stuff to remember these idiots and their attitudes in the past :)

As much as I dislike Leeds I have to admire the results they are pulling out at the moment with the youngsters they are playing with, I think they have about 9 academy players in the squad at the moment

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I dislike Leeds I have to admire the results they are pulling out at the moment with the youngsters they are playing with, I think they have about 9 academy players in the squad at the moment

Plus their second choice keeper is an Albion fan (former STH at Withdean) and the nephew of a NSC mod. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve always quite liked Leeds and I like the way that they’re keeping squads which have cost a fortune such as Villa off the top.

I enjoy watching the Roofe, Hernandez and Alioski. Pontus Jansson is a really good CB and leader, of PL quality.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
On a personal level I always enjoy fixtures against Leeds. Home or away. So for that reason I hope they come up.

I can't stand Reading as a club, or their supporters. Probably dislike them more than Palace, never met an "alright" Reading supporter!

Burnley, got no problem with. Although I hated Joey Bartons tactics in the last home game against them in the championship.

As for the rest, always nice to see Stoke and Southampton struggling. And if I were an Arsenal or Chelsea fan I'd have given up watching at their grounds long ago.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Just been reading the obituaries section on Haha.com
This made me chuckle :)

'Will Haha go to China ?'
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=173597

His first fake dive will see him falling to bits, if he goes to China!!

Comedy Gold!!

The article is suggesting that they're offering him £44m over a four year contract, not us. Would be massively surprised if he went there and quite disappointed in honesty. If and when he does leave us it should be for a Champions League club.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Biscuitmen. Tin pot.

Boro. Junior shin pads.

Saints. Time should be up. Plus guard of honour.

Chelsea. Except Hazard. No further questions.

Leicester. Admin. Generally unpleasant.

Bournemouth. FFP. Gus's scarf 1972.

Chesterfield. Cheats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On a personal level I always enjoy fixtures against Leeds. Home or away. So for that reason I hope they come up.

I can't stand Reading as a club, or their supporters. Probably dislike them more than Palace, never met an "alright" Reading supporter!

Burnley, got no problem with. Although I hated Joey Bartons tactics in the last home game against them in the championship.

As for the rest, always nice to see Stoke and Southampton struggling. And if I were an Arsenal or Chelsea fan I'd have given up watching at their grounds long ago.

Agree with all that, plus I can’t stand WBA and their Stoke-like fans. The JR racism business only served to confirm my view.

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
I know I included them in my original post, but I can't see what people dislike about Burnley really. Personally I am indifferent to the ginger dalek, Middlesbrough fans seem to hate him more than us after that season - so he must be doing something right. Also, their fans at Reading did a tremendous job of taking the piss out of their 7th placed celebrations, and I have found their fans to be knowledgeable and reasonably modest about their position in football's hierarchy.

Burnley have been very racist and homophobic whenever we come to town

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Amateurs! Any decent club doesn't put U23s into the first team until they're at least twenty four (unless they've been bought in from abroad)................ at which time they'll have probably been loaned out twice and let go to a League Two club ..... or to Bognor, Haywards Heath or Eastbourne ............

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Amateurs! Any decent club doesn't put U23s into the first team until they're at least twenty four (unless they've been bought in from abroad)................ at which time they'll have probably been loaned out twice and let go to a League Two club ..... or to Bognor, Haywards Heath or Eastbourne ............

Against Blackburn on Boxing Day Leeds had one player who had come through their academy in their first 11 - Kalvin Phillips.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Against Blackburn on Boxing Day Leeds had one player who had come through their academy in their first 11 - Kalvin Phillips.

That may be the case, but they have also played an Albion fan (and a relative of an NSC stalwart) this season, so as much as I despise Leeds with the best of them, I'm struggling to wish them ill.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That’s an anomaly for them this season, tbh.

Even that team featured Phillips starting, and local kids Jamie Shackleton (18) and Jack Clarke (18) coming on as subs. The unused subs were Leif Davis, Aapo Halme, Robbie Gotts - all teenagers signed for their academy, plus keeper Will Huffer, who has been at the club from the age of 8.

It is incredibly impressive however you look at it, to be performing as they are with so many young kids regularly contributing.

Look out for Jack Clarke in particular- going to be a great player.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That’s an anomaly for them this season, tbh.

Even that team featured Phillips starting, and local kids Jamie Shackleton (18) and Jack Clarke (18) coming on as subs. The unused subs were Leif Davis, Aapo Halme, Robbie Gotts - all teenagers signed for their academy, plus keeper Will Huffer, who has been at the club from the age of 8.

It is incredibly impressive however you look at it, to be performing as they are with so many young kids regularly contributing.

Look out for Jack Clarke in particular- going to be a great player.

yep. agreed. they have an impressive academy pathway going on there. Just sharing some of the numbers/players as you have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here