[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clubs probable thinking, Fingers burnt with Locadia and to a extent Jahankbash, chucking this lad straight into the first team is a huge gamble, loaning him out to acclimatise him to the English game isn't such a bad idea, better to pay 7million and he turns out to be a dud than triple for the same result, if he shines for Stoke then great he's ready for the step up at a fraction of the going rate.

Yup. Neither this guy nor Zeqiri are going to get much if any first team action with us. Makes sense to send them out on loan. It is the clear career development path followed by the club.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
If the loan has an immediate recall option this makes sense. He could prove to be brilliant in which case we call him back and stick him in the first team.

If he’s not scoring lots he can stay there to ‘develop’ and get game time.

If it doesn’t have a recall option it’s madness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Daniel Sturridge was suggested earlier in the day as an out of contract player, I laughed but I am now starting to warm to this idea :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yup. Neither this guy nor Zeqiri are going to get much if any first team action with us. Makes sense to send them out on loan. It is the clear career development path followed by the club.

So when Welbeck gets injured (he's never had an injury free season in his career), you're happy with Maupay and Connolly are you? You don't think Sima or Zeqiri would've gotten a game?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Daniel Sturridge was suggested earlier in the day as an out of contract player, I laughed but I am now starting to warm to this idea :lolol:

I’ll warm to the idea tomorrow when the window is shut and we are looking for a free agent. Any ideas anyone who else we could get in on a free?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Paid £7 m to sign Stoke a striker but couldn't sign one for ourselves.

You couldn't make it up. I fear our club is being run by a bunch of idiots. We NEED a STRIKER for the first team ffs!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If the loan has an immediate recall option this makes sense. He could prove to be brilliant in which case we call him back and stick him in the first team.

If he’s not scoring lots he can stay there to ‘develop’ and get game time.

If it doesn’t have a recall option it’s madness.

He can't play for three different clubs in one season. If there IS a recall option it's madness.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So when Welbeck gets injured (he's never had an injury free season in his career), you're happy with Maupay and Connolly are you? You don't think Sima or Zeqiri would've gotten a game?

Welbeck was injured last season. Yet Potter still refused to start Zeqiri in the PL and/or play him much as a centre forward.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Nice that we are helping to get Stoke promoted back to the Prem with the loan of a very exciting centre back and a £7m striker, hope it works out well for them, as long as it's not our place in the Prem they are taking at the end of the season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Just got back in...

So... we've just signed a striker... for Stoke?!

I get he's one for the future, but am I missing something? Couldn't we have kept him and farmed out Locadia maybe?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Nice that we are helping to get Stoke promoted back to the Prem with the loan of a very exciting centre back and a £7m striker, hope it works out well for them, as long as it's not our place in the Prem they are taking at the end of the season.

Now wouldn't that just serve us right.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Welbeck was injured last season. Yet Potter still refused to start Zeqiri in the PL and/or play him much as a centre forward.
You know that coming on as a sub counts as making a debut yeh?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You couldn't make it up. I fear our club is being run by a bunch of idiots. We NEED a STRIKER for the first team ffs!!

:ffsparr:

I agree, Only idiots would take us from a small urban athletics ground to a swanky new stadium and football in one of the best three leagues on the planet in ten years.

The only idiocy I would question in Tony Bloom is spunking all his money on the club, only for someone who buys a season ticket and eats a few pies to assume they know better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports