Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting to read you post that, when I'm pondering whether Mooy might be the best player we've ever had, or at least the best non-defender we've had. Some of his displays this season have been completely sublime, but then I read this and realise that there are many opinions in this world..

It's a bit early for that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting to read you post that, when I'm pondering whether Mooy might be the best player we've ever had, or at least the best non-defender we've had. Some of his displays this season have been completely sublime, but then I read this and realise that there are many opinions in this world..

Wow. I wouldn't ponder that, TOO hard.

He hasn't even been our best player in any more than two or three games, yet!

He was great on Saturday, and excellent in both the Spurs home and Arsenal away games. Beyond those, he's been no more than okay, has he?

Some very odd reactions to Saturday's ONE masterclass, IMO.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's a bit early for that

But starting to be worth a ponder perhaps? ... He's no fresh faced kid, he's in his third premier league season and has played well throughout.. Now in his prime, in our system, I only see him getting better for us

He was the player I most wanted us to sign in 2017, we were after him then and I was excited that he would be the final piece in our summer recruitment to take on the premier league. Not to be, he had been on loan at hudds the year before and stayed loyal to them (bodes well) and was excellent in their first season. So delighted when we finally got him in the summer and he's not letting us down, star performance after star performance now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Deary me

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Wow. I wouldn't ponder that, TOO hard.

He hasn't even been our best player in any more than two or three games, yet!

He was great on Saturday, and excellent in both the Spurs home and Arsenal away games. Beyond those, he's been no more than okay, has he?

Some very odd reactions to Saturday's ONE masterclass, IMO.

It's the fact he's getting better, and better, and all the surrounding metrics suggest that isn't a flash in the pan, so no reason why he can't stay at this level - as I posit in the other post above.. We will see, I might as well get in early with an opinion in case I'm proved right. Plus I love a bit of hyperbole :lol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Excellent game but you have to take into account the lack of game management tactics by Howe allowing Mooy the freedom of the midfield in the first place , he simply set up shop near the center circle waited for us to win the ball back , it was amazing that Howe just left things be and made no tactical adjustments to snuff out Mooy's constant midfield forward surges , i'm wondering if Howe has had enough down there and a resignation is on the cards before long .

Mooy has played well in most if not all the games iv'e seen him but when hassled and pressed on the ball he's nowhere near as effective so no at present he's nowhere near being one of the best YET , but if he's still here next season i will be very happy to see him in the stripes again , iv'e just got a sneaky feeling another club may throw a spanner in the works and he'll be off , we shall see .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Says 'spence' , an opinion truly not worth listening to :lolol:
No great surprise, someone posts some extravagant joy with the current Albion team and he'll be there to piss on your chips.

An interesting definition on the word 'supporter'.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Excellent game but you have to take into account the lack of game management tactics by Howe allowing Mooy the freedom of the midfield in the first place , he simply set up shop near the center circle waited for us to win the ball back , it was amazing that Howe just left things be and made no tactical adjustments to snuff out Mooy's constant midfield forward surges , i'm wondering if Howe has had enough down there and a resignation is on the cards before long .

Mooy has played well in most if not all the games iv'e seen him but when hassled and pressed on the ball he's nowhere near as effective so no at present he's nowhere near being one of the best YET , but if he's still here next season i will be very happy to see him in the stripes again , iv'e just got a sneaky feeling another club may throw a spanner in the works and he'll be off , we shall see .

Very true, I will concede that

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Says 'spence' , an opinion truly not worth listening to [emoji38]ol:
But I think you've managed to get quite a few agreeing with him.

Indisputably more performances for Brighton like the one last Saturday before ward or zamora need concern themselves

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But I think you've managed to get quite a few agreeing with him.

Indisputably more performances for Brighton like the one last Saturday before ward or zamora need concern themselves

...or Vicente, or Lawrenson, or Bennett, or Gotsmanov, or Bridcutt, or Stevens, or Penney, or Nelson, or Bruno...

Or for that matter, Stephens, Pröpper, Dunk or Murray

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Mooys comments in the Argus today aren’t super encouraging. Keeping his cards close to his chest, looks like he’s keeping his options open to me.

“But he has not been drawn on whether the club intend to make the move permanent or have a clause to that effect in place.

The transfer window opens on Wednesday but, asked if he had discussed what will happen in January, Mooy replied: “No I haven’t. I’m enjoying Brighton. We play good football and I enjoy the way we play.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen but I am definitely enjoying Brighton.

“I don’t have control over these things.

“I just turn up and train hard and try to play my best”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18127520.aaron-mooy-loving-life-albion-whatever-future-holds/

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mooys comments in the Argus today aren’t super encouraging. Keeping his cards close to his chest, looks like he’s keeping his options open to me.

“But he has not been drawn on whether the club intend to make the move permanent or have a clause to that effect in place.

The transfer window opens on Wednesday but, asked if he had discussed what will happen in January, Mooy replied: “No I haven’t. I’m enjoying Brighton. We play good football and I enjoy the way we play.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen but I am definitely enjoying Brighton.

“I don’t have control over these things.

“I just turn up and train hard and try to play my best”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18127520.aaron-mooy-loving-life-albion-whatever-future-holds/

I would say he’s positive about being here and knowing his family enjoy living down here is also a good sign

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pascal Groß still needs to be in the team to take the corners.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would say he’s positive about being here and knowing his family enjoy living down here is also a good sign
I think you also have to say he seems a quiet, non exuberant sort of guy. He also has to show respect to his parent club, which he has done. Im not reading anything into the interview

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sorry if somebody has mentioned it already, but I just read on a Colchester United forum that Bristol City (and former U's) attacking midfielder Sammie Szmodics is being linked with a loan move to Huddersfield. If so, this may be to replace Mooy as they know they won't be getting him back permanently?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We may be happy to have Mooy for the rest of the season on loan and then replace him with Molumby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here