Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mooy can no longer be recalled by Town nor sent back by Brighton because of the way his loan deal is structured, but we understand that a queue is already forming with numerous clubs having contacted Town to declare their interest in striking a permanent deal at the next possible opportunity.

That 'next possible opportunity' is the summer (for any club other than the Albion).

He has played (once) for Huddersfield this season, as well as for us. He cannot sign elsewhere in January (even if it were possible for Huddersfield to recall him in the hope of selling him elsewhere).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That 'next possible opportunity' is the summer (for any club other than the Albion).

He has played (once) for Huddersfield this season, as well as for us. He cannot sign elsewhere in January (even if it were possible for Huddersfield to recall him in the hope of selling him elsewhere).

Some Huddersfield journo wrote they dont have a recall clause, so that wouldnt have been possible either.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I seem to remember reading that we had a first refusal on him and the fee was already set as part of the loan agreement. Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

No Potter was quoted as saying words to that effect when we signed him on loan.

Edit

' Mooy joined Brighton on loan, but not before signing a three-year dealwith relegated huddesfield. There is both a recall option and an pre-agreed deal transfer fee in the structure of the loan deal.

"yeah thats the nature of the deal," said potter. "theres a lot of football to be played until we make any decsions. The most important thing is he enjoys his football here and we can allow him to express himself on the pitch and be himself."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I seem to remember reading that we had a first refusal on him and the fee was already set as part of the loan agreement. Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

So, whatever happens he's playing for us for the whole of this season, after which there may be some competition for his signature. I'm ok with that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

That also requires him wanting to sign for us. If other 'bigger' clubs are offering him more money he might want to go there.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
That also requires him wanting to sign for us. If other 'bigger' clubs are offering him more money he might want to go there.

We could simply sign him then selling him to one of these bigger clubs for a massive profit.... only joking, I know we did buy one player then sell him before he played for us but cannot remember who.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We could simply sign him then selling him to one of these bigger clubs for a massive profit.... only joking, I know we did buy one player then sell him before he played for us but cannot remember who.

Paul Holsgrove, signed on a free in June 98 and then sold on to Hibs on 1st August 1998 before even kicking a ball for us. We did make £110,000 on his sale though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Paul Holsgrove, signed on a free in June 98 and then sold on to Hibs on 1st August 1998 before even kicking a ball for us. We did make £110,000 on his sale though.
I'm sure I saw him play in a pre season friendly at Lewes but I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looking at the Huddersfield Examiner article it seems as if Huddersfield Town may be trying to push us into a bid now so that we can be sure we secure him. They are inferring the risk is that if we wait until the end of the season then we will have serious competition.
I can't see us overpaying for Mooy now, to do that, when we know we have him for the rest of the season and we'll try to negotiate then.
The player himself and his wishes will come into play then, of course. So we could get outbid on wages but that's the risk you take.
I just doubt we'll want to enter into a bidding war at that point for a player of his age that will unlikely to have a big resale value.
Of course, I'm sure we'll want him but not at the 'silly price' that I expect Huddersfield will want.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I never quite got my head around Hibs paying 110K for him when he was available for nothing about 4 weeks earlier. That was a significant wedge as well in the era of us paying 15K for Storer or 1K for Gary Hart.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here