Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How about you tell me what games he has been good in? I only mentioned Shef United as it was recent and vivid in my memory, I don't think he had a great game vs Leicester either and I remember feeling the same way about a couple more games. If you are disagreeing then it's up to you to counter me.

I don't think people are being particularly objective about Mooy that's all. For instance, you suggesting that he is adding goals plural to his game (he scored his first yesterday, the same number as Propper) is indicative of the point I was making.

Is that a serious post?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
How about you tell me what games he has been good in? I only mentioned Shef United as it was recent and vivid in my memory, I don't think he had a great game vs Leicester either and I remember feeling the same way about a couple more games. If you are disagreeing then it's up to you to counter me.

I don't think people are being particularly objective about Mooy that's all. For instance, you suggesting that he is adding goals plural to his game (he scored his first yesterday, the same number as Propper) is indicative of the point I was making.

He was awesome yesterday, albeit against a woeful Bournemouth accepted, BUT he was awesome too against Arsenal, and away at Newcastle where he controlled the midfield... He's been, since getting up to speed, FAR better than DS (for example) who continues to perform like he's being managed by CH - looking to slow us down, pass backwards etc. in comparison Mooy has been a revelation and a breath of air so fresh he's successfully banishing the memory of the dross we saw served up post xmas last season especially by the likes of DS.

He's a top player, even at this level - and what's more, if he had pace he'd be playing for a much bigger club than ours.

I feel lucky to have him in an Albion shirt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was awesome yesterday, albeit against a woeful Bournemouth accepted, BUT he was awesome too against Arsenal, and away at Newcastle where he controlled the midfield... He's been, since getting up to speed, FAR better than DS (for example) who continues to perform like he's being managed by CH - looking to slow us down, pass backwards etc. in comparison Mooy has been a revelation and a breath of air so fresh he's successfully banishing the memory of the dross we saw served up post xmas last season especially by the likes of DS.

He's a top player, even at this level - and what's more, if he had pace he'd be playing for a much bigger club than ours.

I feel lucky to have him in an Albion shirt.

It wasn’t just him yesterday for me.......it was also Bissouma and Pröpper. As a trio they were excellent (accepting Mooy was the primary driving force of course). They were all looking to progress up the pitch, at pace, at almost every opportunity (from the start - the first goal was instigated by Pröpper winning possession just outside our box and pinging it forward). I’m a Stephens fan but Christ we looked far more dynamic without him (and not just yesterday- was v similar v Palace).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Is that a serious post?

I'm not sure, is yours a serious post?

If he's as good as many are making out, then he won't be with us next season.

My bet is he will be with us next season if we stay up, he is the level of player we need to match the ambitions of the club for top half finishes. He fits the club well.

Forgive me if I don't think any of the "top 6" will be swooping in any time soon. One of which already sent him packing.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It wasn’t just him yesterday for me.......it was also Bissouma and Pröpper. As a trio they were excellent (accepting Mooy was the primary driving force of course). They were all looking to progress up the pitch, at pace, at almost every opportunity (from the start - the first goal was instigated by Pröpper winning possession just outside our box and pinging it forward). I’m a Stephens fan but Christ we looked far more dynamic without him (and not just yesterday- was v similar v Palace).

Ironically I think he's had far better games for us than yesterday. Bournemouth were atrocious.

I don't really know why Stephens factors into a Mooy debate considering they are completely different midfield players. The merits of Bissouma/Propper/Stephens can be compared, Mooy and Gross likewise.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I couldn't agree more.

The future, under GP, was very evident vs Palace and yesterday... DS has and is a very talented, defensive minded, holding midfielder yet not a long-term GP player, especially playing at the pace in transition we're aiming for.

That said, DS, I'm sure will start vs. Chelsea as we'll likely need his ability to patrol in front of the back three/four and tidy up... so, obviously, he can still play a part in our less expansive performances, but against the teams we're aiming to go toe to toe with he shouldn't be on the pitch.

I say again, we need an upgrade on DS as his influence is waning and, perhaps for some... unbelievably, there are better and players out there should we wish to spend £15-20m on one.

In a years (if we survive) time I can see this discussion being one for the history books as we evolve and move on from the DS years.

If we want to aim for around 10th to 8th, the reality is, that it's going to have to happen, as he's not good enough to propel us to that level. Time too is against him now, so I guess it's somewhat progressively inevitable.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How about you tell me what games he has been good in?

Nope. Not playing by your daft rules when you are posting such nonsense.

I don't think he had a great game vs Leicester........If you are disagreeing then it's up to you to counter me.

It’s me & most of NSC disagreeing with you. This is from the Leicester player scores thread;

Posts 107. The average scores are:

Ryan: 7.98 MoTM
Burn: 6.06
Duffy: 5.24
Webster: 5.56
Montoya: 5.92
March: 5.04
Stephens: 6.08
Propper: 6.16
Mooy: 6.90
Trossard: 5.34
Maupay: 5.79

Bissouma: 5.00
Schelotto: 5.38

In rank order:

1. Ryan: 7.98
2. Mooy: 6.90
3. Propper: 6.16
4. Stephens: 6.08
5. Burn: 6.06
6. Montoya:5.92
7. Maupay: 5.79
8. Webster: 5.56
9. Schelotto: 5.38
10. Trossard: 5.34
11. Duffy: 5.24
12. March: 5.04
13. Bissouma 5.00[/QUOTE]

Don’t be so pedantic, it’s a figure of speech. I could have said ‘adding goal scoring’. Fact is, Potter had him in a more advanced central role yesterday where we have seen the best of him. More goals to come if he is played there again.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Nope. Not playing by your daft rules when you are posting such nonsense.

It’s me & most of NSC disagreeing with you. This is from the Leicester player scores thread;

Posts 107. The average scores are:

Ryan: 7.98 MoTM
Burn: 6.06
Duffy: 5.24
Webster: 5.56
Montoya: 5.92
March: 5.04
Stephens: 6.08
Propper: 6.16
Mooy: 6.90
Trossard: 5.34
Maupay: 5.79

Bissouma: 5.00
Schelotto: 5.38

In rank order:

1. Ryan: 7.98
2. Mooy: 6.90
3. Propper: 6.16
4. Stephens: 6.08
5. Burn: 6.06
6. Montoya:5.92
7. Maupay: 5.79
8. Webster: 5.56
9. Schelotto: 5.38
10. Trossard: 5.34
11. Duffy: 5.24
12. March: 5.04
13. Bissouma 5.00

Don’t be so pedantic, it’s a figure of speech. I could have said ‘adding goal scoring’. Fact is, Potter had him in a more advanced central role yesterday where we have seen the best of him. More goals to come if he is played there again.

What on earth is that supposed to prove?

My point was people might be getting a little ahead of themselves regarding the ability of one of our (yet to be) players. You are making a fine attempt of disproving that to me :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't really know why Stephens factors into a Mooy debate considering they are completely different midfield players. The merits of Bissouma/Propper/Stephens can be compared, Mooy and Gross likewise.

And this is clearly why you are posting rubbish about Aaron. You are upset and emotional.

As a massive Stephens fan, you’re struggling to come to terms with the fact that when we play poor sides like Palace & Bournemouth, he is not going to be in the starting line-up anymore as his defensive organisational play will be sacrificed for a more quick thinking attacking approach as demonstrated by Bissouma, Pröpper and your man Mooy!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
And this is clearly why you are posting rubbish about Aaron. You are upset and emotional.

As a massive Stephens fan, you’re struggling to come to terms with the fact that when we play poor sides like Palace & Bournemouth, he is not going to be in the starting line-up anymore as his defensive organisational play will be sacrificed for a more quick thinking attacking approach as demonstrated by Bissouma, Pröpper and your man Mooy!

Top post.

Indeed, DS days are numbered against the lesser teams who under the GP system(s) we're going at instead of attempting to bore the opposition to death and steal a win.

Although I agree comparing Mooy and DS is a little off, Bissouma has the potential, if he works at it, to be 10 times the player DS is at this level.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I couldn't agree more.

The future, under GP, was very evident vs Palace and yesterday... DS has and is a very talented, defensive minded, holding midfielder yet not a long-term GP player, especially playing at the pace in transition we're aiming for.

That said, DS, I'm sure will start vs. Chelsea as we'll likely need his ability to patrol in front of the back three/four and tidy up... so, obviously, he can still play a part in our less expansive performances, but against the teams we're aiming to go toe to toe with he shouldn't be on the pitch.

I say again, we need an upgrade on DS as his influence is waning and, perhaps for some... unbelievably, there are better and players out there should we wish to spend £15-20m on one.

In a years (if we survive) time I can see this discussion being one for the history books as we evolve and move on from the DS years.

If we want to aim for around 10th to 8th, the reality is, that it's going to have to happen, as he's not good enough to propel us to that level. Time too is against him now, so I guess it's somewhat progressively inevitable.

Again, I don't see the relevance of having a Mooy-Stephens debate. Mooy would be utterly wasted in that role.

Will Bissouma or a new signing soon take over the DS role? Entirely possible. He certainly did well against Bourmemouth but they were very poor.

I was merely trying to reign in the expectation that Mooy is going to continue with performances like yesterday throughout the season because he has been anything but consistent.

Like I said before, and depending on how binding an agreement we already have in place, I think the only competition for his signing will be clubs in and around us so I think he will likely sign. The way some people are talking on here it's only a matter of time before liverpool come calling.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Are you this wrong very often?

Catch your breath a little and read my posts again and I'll concede if you come to the same conclusion.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Again, I don't see the relevance of having a Mooy-Stephens debate. Mooy would be utterly wasted in that role.

Will Bissouma or a new signing soon take over the DS role? Entirely possible. He certainly did well against Bourmemouth but they were very poor.

I was merely trying to reign in the expectation that Mooy is going to continue with performances like yesterday throughout the season because he has been anything but consistent.

Like I said before, and depending on how binding an agreement we already have in place, I think the only competition for his signing will be clubs in and around us so I think he will likely sign. The way some people are talking on here it's only a matter of time before liverpool come calling.

Of course the hyper-bole is sadly as inevitable as will be the clamour to drop AM if he features and plays poorly against Chelsea ... sigh...

And you're very right to suggest he's not going to attract bids from Jose, Ole, Pep or the Jurgenator... The likes of West Ham though, a worry for sure, BUT he is limited and GP is clearly a bit of a wizz when it comes to getting the best out of players in spite of limitations... Ali J anyone?

He is playing well though and compared to the DS (yes, last season was wholly awful) and DP circa the end of the CH era he looks a feels like a world class addition - which when you think about it, isn't that hard a thing to accomplish. Still, I take nothing away from AM, he is clearly high on confidence and fits the GP system like a glove.

What's not to like? and it's okay to get a bit excited sometimes :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Of course the hyper-bole is sadly as inevitable as will be the clamour to drop AM if he features and plays poorly against Chelsea ... sigh...

And you're very right to suggest he's not going to attract bids from Jose, Ole, Pep or the Jurgenator... The likes of West Ham though, a worry for sure, BUT he is limited and GP is clearly a bit of a wizz when it comes to getting the best out of players in spite of limitations... Ali J anyone?

He is playing well though and compared to the DS (yes, last season was wholly awful) and DP circa the end of the CH era he looks a feels like a world class addition - which when you think about it, isn't that hard a thing to accomplish. Still, I take nothing away from AM, he is clearly high on confidence and fits the GP system like a glove.

What's not to like? and it's okay to get a bit excited sometimes :)

Give me one season where we're not constantly looking over our shoulder and I'll be aboard the getting carried away bus.

Largely agree with your post.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Exactly.....it’s not a ‘Mooy/Stephens’ debate and that wasn’t my point - it’s the combination of midfielders. Stephens in place of any of the three that played yesterday would have slowed down our attacking. Against a better team we will need his defensive capabilities though. I expect him to start on Weds.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Against a better team we will need his defensive capabilities though. I expect him to start on Weds.

Agreed. I’ll be very concerned and worried if he doesn’t start on New Year’s Day but by the same token, I’m hopeful that Potter has learnt how to change those draws against the likes of West Ham, Burnley and Newcastle into wins.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Does anyone realise that Man City have a buy back clause on Mr Mooy? It was one of the conditions of sale when he was signed on a permanent deal by Hudderfield. They Wouldnt would THEY?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does anyone realise that Man City have a buy back clause on Mr Mooy? It was one of the conditions of sale when he was signed on a permanent deal by Hudderfield. They Wouldnt would THEY?
I've read somewhere that it subsequently renogiated as a percentage of a future transfer fee.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not a chance.

Not even if the buy back clause was for say 15million? Huddersfield paid 10? He could then be sold on for a higher prices to another club (US?) for 20 million. Cool 5 million just for insisting on the buyback clause. Very unlikely i know and our loan/transfer negotiators would have factured in these scenarios to our best interest.....you would hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here